Windamere Dam

glennmreid

This was my 3rd freshwater fishing trip. Went away for the long weekend to Windamere Dam. What a relaxing weekend. Weather was great, company was great, but the fishing was slow. I still had a great time on the water.

In the end, I caught 2 Golden Perch, and one Murray Cod. The weight and measurements were as follows:-

Murray Cod 66cm & 6kg

Golden Perch 60cm & 3.5kg

Golden Perch 44cm & 2 kg

I was very happy in the end, as it was my first time at catching those species.

The only down side was that my wife has caught a gastro bug, we think from the dam water. Apart from that, it was a great weekend.

Thanks to all the members who gave me tips about Windamere.

post-3324-1201509805_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1201509813_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1201509925_thumb.jpg

Edited by chopper75

Well done on your fist catch of those species :thumbup:

I have driven past Windamere Dam many times on my way to Mudgee and thought mmmmmm i wounder what i would catch.

I think i will stop next time i go past, what did you catch them on ?

Windamere is a real nice dam. I caught those fish on a purple stuckey lure. I tried all sorts of differenet colours and styles of lures, and only the purple stickey worked for me. I went fishing as part of a fishing club, and the majority of people caught fishing on a purple stuckey! It seemed that people had more success with worms and yabbies this weekend. That is the way it goes sometimes.

Edited by chopper75

Well done Glen :1fishing1:

As the outing captain for that weekend i can tell you we had 32 people turn up,14boats.

Fish Caught Were,

58 Golden Perch, biggest was 633mm long.

7 Murray Cod, biggest was 770mm long.

1 Silver Perch, 360mm long.

snap

Guest GoFish Pete

Well done to the both of you.

Nice fish and certainly looks like a nice place to be out on the water doing what we all love "just fishing"

Glenn next time you will have to take a twenty litre container of good Kellyville water with you and let the misses enjoy the trip as well. :074:

We still have 20% of camping so now is the time to buy one. :biggrin2:

Regards

Pete

Well done to the both of you.

Nice fish and certainly looks like a nice place to be out on the water doing what we all love "just fishing"

Glenn next time you will have to take a twenty litre container of good Kellyville water with you and let the misses enjoy the trip as well. :074:

We still have 20% of camping so now is the time to buy one. :biggrin2:

Regards

Pete

:Funny-Post: Think drinking Kellyville water would give you more than gastro :074: I've seen what marks it leaves on the car after washing. I'll have to come back in the store and get some more gear. You are tempting me too much with your 20 % off. By the way, did you manage to get in more of the long sleeve berkley fishing shirts? Heather did say an order was due in this week. :thumbup:

Well done Glen :1fishing1:

As the outing captain for that weekend i can tell you we had 32 people turn up,14boats.

Fish Caught Were,

58 Golden Perch, biggest was 633mm long.

7 Murray Cod, biggest was 770mm long.

1 Silver Perch, 360mm long.

snap

Hi Ron,

What a great weekend it was. You forgot to mention the biggest catch of the weekend was the jetski that I towed :074: Much bigger than Paul's cod. By the way, didn't I have the biggest cod? You forgot to add my grippers to the length of my fish :074:

Anyone catches a cod in Windamere with grippers hanging from its mouth, they belong to me :074:

Great catch there Glenn

It’s good to see some reports coming in on some of our best fresh water sport fish.

I am hoping to hit the biggie next week for some of that action myself :yahoo::thumbup::yahoo:

Cheers

bob

Hi Bob,

Hope you have fun and loads of luck :thumbup: This type of fishing is awesome. They certainly do give you a run for your money! :fisher:

You make some good points there Glen.

Im sure Pete can sell you some new grippers, maybe with a rope attached to wrap around your wrist.

Jet ski's don't count they are indroduced species not welcome on our fishing spots. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the help Glen, Profile worked OK.

That was my little snapper caught down Shellharbour on half a slimie head. around 3kg.

Snap. Gofshn <*)))))><

You make some good points there Glen.

Im sure Pete can sell you some new grippers, maybe with a rope attached to wrap around your wrist.

Jet ski's don't count they are indroduced species not welcome on our fishing spots. :thumbdown:

Thanks for the help Glen, Profile worked OK.

That was my little snapper caught down Shellharbour on half a slimie head. around 3kg.

Snap. Gofshn <*)))))><

Glad you got your profile picture working ok Ron. If you need any more help, feel free to ask.Managed to get new grippers from Pete. Next time I will make sure they are wrapped around my wrist.

This was my 3rd freshwater fishing trip. Went away for the long weekend to Windamere Dam. What a relaxing weekend. Weather was great, company was great, but the fishing was slow. I still had a great time on the water.

In the end, I caught 2 Golden Perch, and one Murray Cod. The weight and measurements were as follows:-

Murray Cod 66cm & 6kg

Golden Perch 60cm & 3.5kg

Golden Perch 44cm & 2 kg

I was very happy in the end, as it was my first time at catching those species.

The only down side was that my wife has caught a gastro bug, we think from the dam water. Apart from that, it was a great weekend.

Thanks to all the members who gave me tips about Windamere.

Great to see a fellow sweet water fisho on fishraider. Only fished Windamere once for a weekend in the middle of winter..brrrr,for a poor result 1..lol.But hasn,t put me off still like to chase the fresh stuff at Lake Lyell and the Snowys. Well done!!

Cheers Twoducks