Intersting Boaters At Gunyah Pt

Guest Target

Guest Target

Isnt it interesting what you see on the water occasionaly :1prop:

Sitting at Gunyah Pt today fishing the start of the run out in search of an elusive legal sized jew and a white boat with brown decals, looking very much like a 'brown hornet' turns up and goes to anchor some 50m downcurrent from a couple of guys that obvioulsy like their fishing. Well the little brown hornet was told to piss off - our baits are there and let loose with some nice adjectives. :1yikes: Remember, that this guy was fishing live squid, and getting no more than 10m casts off the back of his boat..... allow for some drift... no chance in hell of his baits being where the brown hornet was.

It was nice to see the 'skipper' of the brown hornet return with a very nice long list of colourful adjectives :thumbup::thumbup:

Well done Iain, love the response. Wasnt sure it was you or not, till I got back here and checked the members boats pics. BTW I was the guy fishing in the eddy in the 4m alloy. Did you do any good?

Adrian

Edited by Target

Guest Target

It may not have been Iain himself - but someone on that boat said the right thing , exactly what I wnated to say 15minutes ago when I got a similar 'DONT FISH THERE' at which time I thought they must have just dropped anchor and were drifting back... nope..... :1tongue:

Interesting that earlier in the morning on the run in, you could almost walk across the boats at Juno, and this same guy was fishing there then...... Wonder what he said when people were 5m apart???

Adrian

Guest Target

Iain

Absolutley did not get the wrong idea - I was completely on your perspective of things. Was not an agro response - it was the right response :thumbup:

Where you and I anchored was not a problem, but did you see the guy that idled about 5m past the back of my boat basically over my lines, then anchored up right on top of the eddy - I had to move a few times to avoid hitting his boat - I did suggest it probably wast the best spot - but I didnt startranting and raving about someone 50m away. Thats just what happens at places like this, even worse at Juno - there were about 40 boats there on the run in tide early in the morning :1yikes: could have walked across Broken bay without getting your feet wet.

Next time I'll definately come over and say hi, just wasnt sure it was yourself.

Adrian

Sounds like there was a few of us fishing that stretch of water on Saturday morning. We were up past the second little beach on the point fishing butterfiled mullet. Allk we could raise was a little shovel.

Good on ya Iain for giving it back to him. :1prop:

We fished the point for a few hours :beersmile::biggrin2: then tried the racks in Porto Bay for a handful of bream. Then that bloody wind :badair: got up and that was the end of that

Jetho,

were you following me?????? I left Gunyah for porto also...... picked up a few flatties -never had any luck on the racks there for bream, but then again, never had much luck on bream - unless I use a big juicy strip of squid :1prop: Best bream lure I know of.

I was going to say Porto is a great producer of flatties, but I dont want lots of other boats in there for my fish... ooops, think I just let the cat out of the bag.

What boat you in Jethro.

Adrian

PS what channel are fishraiders using nowdays (94/96) and are people using the 'fishraider' call. I havent been out on the water too much recently.

G'day Adrian

How goes the fly rod??

I was in the purple Elegant :1prop:

post-44-1105481063_thumb.jpg

It was our first time fishing the racks. We went right up the back of the bay and pulled a couple of leagal bream. I was a bit hard at high tide as we were not sure where all the racks were. I still managed to donate a SF40X to one of the locals.

After that we moved to the racks at the mouth of the bay and caught a couple more on Sps before thr wind got up which made it impossible to fish.

Funny you should say that about the flatties. It was only the second time breaming where we didn't catch one. Go figure

Hi Jethro,

Fly rod goes really well :), the person casting it at the moment does not :(

Just really learning the ropes on the heavier fly rod and longer casts being only an ocassional user of a 6# previously, a 9# takes a bit more technique. Had it out at Glenbawn but did not catch anything with it - got to start chasing kings now :1prop: Also had a few of the Guys at the Aussie Bass Angler test casting it, and giving me lessons (great guys) they seem to think it was 'good' but did need a bit to load it up properly.

Those racks up the very end of the bay (behind the island) are real bad news, very poorly marked. I went for an expore up there one day, never again, my prop wont be the same ever again. Some big Flatties come out of that bay, shhh.

Adrian