More Flatties

Hooked-Up

hey raiders,

headed off to my favourite landbased flathead spot yesterday morning for a bit of a flick with the softies, arrived at 6.15 and the tide was almost peaked at high, started to cast around for not a touch,

until the tide starts running out,

same spot, same lure, same action, and wham fish on, a short tussle and then hooks pulled :1badmood:

quickly fix up the bashed softie and chuck it back out wham on again, this time i land a good one 47cm

this action continued this way for the next 45 mins or so and then had to leave them biting ended up hooking up 5 but only managed to land 3, 45,46 and 47cm,

an excellent little session

pics to follow

:1fishing1:

Edited by Hooked up

what kind of lure would best suit the hawksbury and where would the best location be to land a few between wisemans ferry and brooklyn(closer to wisemans or brooklyn as i do not no the river very well only been there a couple of times).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Knife right between the eyes and just a bit back towards the tail where the brain is.

Works every time.

Looks like you tried to sever the spine with your knife shots...It won't kill them straight away, just paralyze

them.

(or you could try giving them a ciggy and smoking them to death :074: )

Hope this helps.

Pete.

Knife right between the eyes and just a bit back towards the tail where the brain is.

Works every time.

Looks like you tried to sever the spine with your knife shots...It won't kill them straight away, just paralyze

them.

(or you could try giving them a ciggy and smoking them to death :074: )

Hope this helps.

Pete.

ahh that makes sense pete thanks into its brain not its spine, i seen that pic very funny

Well done, Hooked up! Nice flatty action!!!

Like Pete, I put the knife in between/behind the eyes ..... with the sharp side of the blade pointing towards the tail & to be sure, to be sure, I just put downward pressure on the blade & 'extend the cut' just a little! Absolutely no doubt then!! :)

It is the best way of killing a flattie without getting spiked by their gill rakers! Works on sand, dirt, even jetties (put the knife thru so it is in between the slats.) Just make sure the blade is a 'strong one' with a pointy tip .... some very bendy ones that aren't pointy could break!:(

I can see a fish meal comin' on ..... :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Well done, Hooked up! Nice flatty action!!!

Like Pete, I put the knife in between/behind the eyes ..... with the sharp side of the blade pointing towards the tail & to be sure, to be sure, I just put downward pressure on the blade & 'extend the cut' just a little! Absolutely no doubt then!! :)

It is the best way of killing a flattie without getting spiked by their gill rakers! Works on sand, dirt, even jetties (put the knife thru so it is in between the slats.) Just make sure the blade is a 'strong one' with a pointy tip .... some very bendy ones that aren't pointy could break!:(

I can see a fish meal comin' on ..... :)

Cheerio

Roberta

sweet as my technique is officially changed