Playing With The New Toy

wakd

As mentioned in a previous post, I got myself a Daiwa Heartland Saegake from ABA on Thursday night. Headed down from ABA to the Nepean with my housemate who had just bought himself a SicStick pro. My mate got his first (and second) bass ever, but only very small models, on a new fizzer he got from ABA too. I couldn't raise one however, so went down to the good old Cooks on Friday night to try our luck. First fish was the obligatory undersized flatty - a disappointing way to open the account on the new rod. We were fishing from the jetty outside the rowers club, and the current was pretty quick, so I decided to drop my bass minnow under the jetty and let it drift under. After a few little jigs I came up tight on a nice bream that went 27 to the fork, and a better way to christen the new rod. Headed down there again tonight, and picked up a few tailor (to the applause of a bunch of people drinking on the balcony of the club), and two flatties, and a new species on SP for me - a mudcrab! All taken on a 1" Atomic. I absolutely love the Saegake, its a sensational rod, especially for the price.

Wakd.

post-91-1105189661_thumb.jpg

post-91-1105189681_thumb.jpg