Iron Cove Sat 8/1

ianoc69

Met up with Snag and Nicko early AM Sat 8/1 for a Land Based session around Iron Cove.

This was my second outing with the boys and they are amazing guys to watch, listen and learn from. I hope to be somewhere near their level one day.

Good Company was accompanied with a few Flatties and Bream during our 3 hour session.

This was my most productive fishing on SP's to date managing 5 Flatties (upto approx. 40cm) and 2x small Bream (First Bream on SP's for me).

Previously only managed a single fish and a Max of 3x Fish on SP's in any given 3 hour odd session.

Thanks to Snag and Nicko for putting up with me and the invitation to join them. :thumbup:

Fishing is great anytime regardless of catch BUT with so many great Fishraider members it makes for great sessions. :1fishing1:

Great to see you improving your catch rate Ian. And what better way to do than in the company, and with the expert help of Jorg! Great stuff. :thumbup:

All credit to you Jorg for helping others out! :thumbup::thumbup:

Good stuff Ian,

Which plastics and jigs are working for you?

Dave

PS How was Bermagui?

26460[/snapback]

Thanks Dave.

Congrats to yourself as well - saw the 50cm Flattie at Pipeclay Point :thumbup:

I am playing mainly with Bass Minnows in a few colours but like you pearl/blue is not bad. I do carry Berkley Grubs and got some Squidgee Fish and Shads also.

Majority of Jig Heads are 1/16 Gamatsu series.

Bermagui was good for bait fishing BUT I was not successful with SP's. I was fishing the Bermagui river in a boat (4 seperate occasions) with a local friend and live nippers were catching Blackfish (believe it or not), Bream, Flounder and Flatties. I managed 2x 50cm Flatties and a mixed bag of Blackfish, Bream and a Trevalley ALL on nippers.

On the first outing I used ONLY SP's for around 5 hours and managed only 2x strikes with 1x hook-up that I dropped half way in.

The local tackle shop advised that SP colour Gold was most succesful BUT I could not get them to go - mind you I am still learning technique and thus I more than likely was not pulling the right strings to entice the predators - because the fish are there for sure.

Cheers.

and live nippers were catching Blackfish (believe it or not),

26467[/snapback]

There was a good article in fishing world a cple of mths back about pothole fishing the rocks at nite for blackfish using nippers good article and ive also read a gun estuary bait is a prawn wrapped in luderick weed for blackfish. Ive also heard of them being caught on flesh baits most likely meaning they are omnivourous :thumbup:

Hi Guys,

Ian always a pleasure to fish with you mate :1fishing1: .

Before long you will be kicking my ass :thumbup: and hopefully helping out other newcomer's.

Thats what its all about, having fun and helping out when you can.

Still remember not long back i was being shown how to fish plastics by guys like billfish, pukka,bassifier and like most im still learning every day.

And once again congrats on your first bream on plastic's Ian :thumbup: well done.