Where On Earth (literally)?

davefrostick

Having caught a good sized flattie whilst up the coast last month, which tasted great, I have been bitten again by the fishing bug.

Since then I have signed up here (hello to all), been out and purchased a new rod, reel and all the things that are needed (I think??).

The only thing I lack is an idea of where to go?? I don't have a boat and the fishing book I bought seems outdated as a number of the places mentioned have fishing not permitted signs. Drove to Narabeen lakes the other week in horrible conditions (with no luck) and need to net another fish (ideally a flattie) whilst interest is still high.

Without giving away all your secrets, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Frosty...

ps. I am living vicariously through the fish pics that you guys post, thanks for that.

Having caught a good sized flattie whilst up the coast last month, which tasted great, I have been bitten again by the fishing bug.

Since then I have signed up here (hello to all), been out and purchased a new rod, reel and all the things that are needed (I think??).

The only thing I lack is an idea of where to go?? I don't have a boat and the fishing book I bought seems outdated as a number of the places mentioned have fishing not permitted signs. Drove to Narabeen lakes the other week in horrible conditions (with no luck) and need to net another fish (ideally a flattie) whilst interest is still high.

Without giving away all your secrets, any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Frosty...

ps. I am living vicariously through the fish pics that you guys post, thanks for that.

mate welcome to fishraider, this site is wealth of infomation, i fsh of the rocks at curl curl whicch is just done from narrabeen, and also venture to cliffton gradens every so often, try reading fishing reports on this site and look where people have been catching fish

good luck mate and welcome

Gday Frosty and :1welcomeani: to the site mate!

There is a heap of information on here with a lot of very experienced and intelligent anglers offering advice and tips all the time....

As suggested, reading the reports section regularly will give you a heap of different spots to try....

What area do you live in?

I fish the harbour, lane cove river and cowan creek pretty frequently, mostly landbased like yourself and if you ever want to come along you're more than welcome, I don't mind some company...

Cheers

Tony

:1fishing1:

Edited by Tony Soprano

Hi Frosty and :1welcomeani:

I'm going for a fish somewhere tomorrow afternoon night 6pm till about 10 around Narrabeen or palm beach or wherever anyone feels like going...

More than welcome to come along...

Most likely be chasing flatties in narra lake from 6 till sundown then onto a beach somewhere perhaps?

Gday Frosty and :1welcomeani: to the site mate!

There is a heap of information on here with a lot of very experienced and intelligent anglers offering advice and tips all the time....

As suggested, reading the reports section regularly will give you a heap of different spots to try....

What area do you live in?

I fish the harbour, lane cove river and cowan creek pretty frequently, mostly landbased like yourself and if you ever want to come along you're more than welcome, I don't mind some company...

Cheers

Tony

:1fishing1:

Thanks for that Tony, and for the offer. I have been having a good look around the site and there's heaps on handy info. I live in Bondi (where its sometimes a little difficult to throw a rod in without catching a backpacker).

No worries mate...

I live in Ryde which is obviously nowhere near Bondi but the offer still stands, if you ever feel like coming across the bridge for a fish I'll happily tee something up with you. Midweek evenings and early on the weekends are the best for me....

I'm sure there'll be a few members closer to you that might be able to give you some more localised info and spots as well...

Cheers

Tony

hey frosty.i used to be land based but now have a boat[yay]anyway i would be more than happy to give away my landbased spot x es here is a few

1; for flathead pittwater side barenjowy headland rock with rod holes[fish incoming tide,berly with crushed pillys.big ball sinker running to swivel,4 feet 15 lb line,4 off 4o gang hooks[big ball sinker for currant only need to cast out 20 feet]

2; 100 yards further around

small bommy within casting range[cast behind bommy with same rigg for snapper[in a big southerly blow] or loose the sinker and fish for tailor

3;the point fish the right or left sides stay away from the frount unless it's dead flat[there an elevated rock on the left side with rod holes witch rocks slightly when a wave hits it, safe to fish there up to 1.5 meter swell] hot spot for big green back tailor my personel fav. spot

this should get you started ps when fishing the rocks ocean side NEVER FISH ALOWN AND WATCH FOR 15MIN BEFORE YOU START TO FISH no fish is worth risking you life for,if you need more spots just ask

good luck brickman

plenty of good spots close to you at bondi mate. Try North and South ends of Bondi beach, Tamma or Bronte with worms for a feed of whiting at this time of year, with bream a regular by-catch. Fish really early and in the evenings, and bad weather leaves the beach to yourself. There is plenty of good rock spots close to you as well. McKensies point between tamma and bondi, you will see people there. Also Eastern ave at Dover heights for tailor and kings and bonito, but you are maybe 50 meters of the water. Or for something more sedate go down to Watsons and fish any of the sand meets rocks and weeds type spots between thier and south head.