Wyong Creek Friday

Jethro

Drew (fishing buddy) met me at home at 4 on Friday arvo with the boss being away I was able to sneak out an hour early. The plan was to drop the boat in at Tacoma and harass the local bream population. Drew being the dedicated fisherman that he is made sure the esky was full with the icy cold essentials :beersmile::thumbup:

We dropped the boat in an motored our way up to the bridge and we were going to fish out way back. As the whole creek is a 8 Knot zone it was a slow trip but it gave us plenty of time to unwind after a week of work.

We arrived at the bridge chucked a U turn and started fishing. On my third cast I came up tight on a smallish bream of about 17cm that was hiding on the middle pylon of the bridge. About 4 casts later my little 2" grub stopped dead in its tracks and decided to go the other way. This had a bit more weight............ :thumbup:

After a short tussle and a couple of close calls with some snags I saw colour...... That looks a bit strange for a bream.....Might be a bass...... Hang on its an EP :1yikes: - Get the net

Drew gently slipped the net underneath the fish and dropped it on the deck. The fish measured 36cm and is my very first EP so I was pretty excited. I took a couple of quick happy snaps and released him.

post-44-1105393451_thumb.jpg

Unfortunately the trip home was not so pleasant. After a couple more small bream I lost my groove. Cast were either falling short, getting tangled up in trees or generally getting snagged. I reckon I went through 10 - 12 jigheads in just over an hour :thumbdown: . It got to the stage where I would drive the electric and :beersmile: while Drew fished rather than risk another cast.

All in all a great afternoon with the final count of 13 smallish bream and 1 EP. First time we have ever been and not boated a flatty

Has anyone else had one of those session where you just loose your groove and everything just seems to go wrong???

Edited by Jethro

well done jethro with the ep unlucky with all the jigheads same happened to me in avoca lake the other day i could see the fish holding in tight but id end up in the trees or not far enough. Pretty frustrating anyway well done :thumbup:

I have had plenty of those days where nothing goes right :ranting2: . As long as I don't break a rod its not so bad though. Luckily I have learn't to give up early if the day is like that. Last time I fished wyong creek I also lost a heap of jigs (around 15-20) in the snags. try using a 2 or 3" minnow with a 1/32 jig head and u will not get snagged any where near as much on the shoreline.

Thanks guys :thumbup: Glad its not just me that has days like that

We were using 1/20th TT jigheads 2" Atomic grubs and the ever reliable Bass Minnow.

I guess it was just one of those days. At one stage there I was down 4 jigheads in 4 casts. About that time I sat on the frot deck and had a ciggy and a beer. I thought fishing was meant to be relaxing :risata:

Mods - Just realised that I posted in the wrong forum. Can you please move this to the reports section