Johnson Motor

Stanfo

We bought a boat over Christmas with a 1986 model 70hp vro Johnson motor, but the stickers on it are faded and peeling. A friend told us that new stickers were pretty expensive and that we were better off getting them made up at a sticker place. good idea but we dont know the colours of the orginal stickers.

can anyone me and maybe post a pic of a motor made that year?

Cheers

Lachlan

post-6668-1203234850_thumb.jpg

Edited by Stanfo

Hi Lachlan, the decal set for your age outboard is NLA, but the best place to look for older engines is a website a mate of mine has set-up. This site is the best source of info for older Evirnude and Johnson outboards. I am sure on this site he would have the brochure from 1986 so that you can see what your outboard look like new.

The site addresses are http://community.webshots.com/user/LIQUIDNIRVANA2 -this is for the brochures

http://community.webshots.com/user/LIQUIDNIRVANA - this site gives alot of the heritage of Evinrude and Johnson, which you have to rememeber that 2009 is the 100th year of Evinrude outboards.

I hope they work for you, if not send me a PM and I might be able to do it there,

Cheers,

Huey.

We bought a boat over Christmas with a 1986 model 70hp vro Johnson motor, but the stickers on it are faded and peeling. A friend told us that new stickers were pretty expensive and that we were better off getting them made up at a sticker place. good idea but we dont know the colours of the orginal stickers.

can anyone me and maybe post a pic of a motor made that year?

Cheers

Lachlan

Here is the page from the 1986 Johnson Sales Brochure. Click on the picture below which will take you to the site. Then enlarge it by clicking on full size. Hope it helps. PM me for any help you need. Ken

2963399190101354590S425x425Q85.jpg

Hi,

Just looking at the pics on that site, your cowl looks more like an 85 model to me, would be easier to have remade too I would think - being just individual stripes and letters.

The year discrepancy could be explained by the brochere being for the US market with old Australia being left a year behind.

Hope it helps,

Cheers

Paul

2356000970101354590kJaunx_th.jpg

Edited by Tidas