Erina Creek

Hooch

Decided to give the soft plastics a bash as i haven't used em much.

Walked along the bank and got my feet weet this morning at Erina creek, flicking out, hooked up on a nice looking 40-50cm lizard, played it to my feet and was a bit lost as to what to do with it lol. had no net, so i was gonna get a rag out of my bag and try and pick it up, but it pulled me off, either it ground through the leader when its head went above the water, but i think its more likely that the knot slipped, i had a tiny tag on it. i wasn't really fussed cos it was good as caught in my book and this way i didn't have to clean it, tho the dumb thing has a jig in its mouth...

not much else, a couple of taps, and while flicking off the bridge i saw the head of some fish follow the lure at the surface, dunno what it was.

then I got spooled... by a boat... got all my line back luckily cos the knot to the leader snapped, pretty funny tho me holding onto this screaming reel yelling obscenities and struggling to get my knife out :hitsfan:

interesting day tho, looking foward to seeing some sp's in action at the social

Yer I know mate, but i was off a foot of earth ledge and surrounded by mangroves lol. Doesn't matter, I was just experimenting. :1prop:

yeah Mitch, I learn the hard way gel spun floats heh

Edited by Hooch