Seriola Double

inhlanzi

G'day Raiders

Had an early morning start and headed out from Roseville. (Dodging rowers with minimal nav lighting!)

Today we had the pleasure of Having GofishPete on board.

Headed out to livie central and bagged enough jellybeans.

Both the Skipper and I had a gut feeling for spot x and we headed straight there.

Pretty soon the skipper was into a nice fish. We worked the strike today so everyone could have a go.

All went quiet and then I got slammed by a slightly bigger model. He managed to take all three lines and the Skipper and Pete spent their time frantically cutting tangled lines. Legal no two in the ice box.

Another big wait and it was Petes turn. Bang and hes on BUT up comes a tough little Samson. Would hate to know how their big brothers fight!

Things got really quiet so we started a downrigging session. No sooner had the bomb gone down then wham - Skippers second Kingey for the day.

Had to pull the pin at 11h30 and headed home.

Three legal Kings and a Samson - Seriola Double!

Thanks for a great day Skipper and for a fourth trip in a row scoring Kings!

Pete it was good to have you out there with us good luck for the weekend.

cheers

inhlanzi

post-1963-1203678166_thumb.jpg

Guest GoFish Pete

Thanks so much for taking me along and giving me some good info on how to have a successful day chasing Kingies.

I am buying the Scotty Strongarm downrigger today and will quickly fabricate a gimbal mount for it tonight also will be replacing two plastic rod holders with stainless ones , its looks like it will be a busy night after I get home from work. :biggrin2:

I had some Kingy cutlets last night , how nice are they.....yumo

Thanks again and thanks to your mate Gavin. :thumbup:

Cheers

GoFish Pete

G'day Raiders

Had an early morning start and headed out from Roseville. (Dodging rowers with minimal nav lighting!)

Today we had the pleasure of Having GofishPete on board.

Headed out to livie central and bagged enough jellybeans.

Both the Skipper and I had a gut feeling for spot x and we headed straight there.

Pretty soon the skipper was into a nice fish. We worked the strike today so everyone could have a go.

All went quiet and then I got slammed by a slightly bigger model. He managed to take all three lines and the Skipper and Pete spent their time frantically cutting tangled lines. Legal no two in the ice box.

Another big wait and it was Petes turn. Bang and hes on BUT up comes a tough little Samson. Would hate to know how their big brothers fight!

Things got really quiet so we started a downrigging session. No sooner had the bomb gone down then wham - Skippers second Kingey for the day.

Had to pull the pin at 11h30 and headed home.

Three legal Kings and a Samson - Seriola Double!

Thanks for a great day Skipper and for a fourth trip in a row scoring Kings!

Pete it was good to have you out there with us good luck for the weekend.

cheers

inhlanzi

post-1963-1203678166_thumb.jpg