We Scored At The King Social

mottyman

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just a quick report on our morning. Geoff and I had a great day... :yahoo:

Registered at a respectible 6:45am , had the best Bacon and Egg roll I've ever had and headed over to Watsons Bay for Yakka.

Had about 25 in the tank in double quick time, gave some to our new mate Dave and his son who we were tag teaming with today and off we went.

Over to South Head slow trolling the yakka. We don't have a down rigger so used trolling sinkers - geez they work well. :biggrin2:

Saw others boating kings but they alluded us so it was back into the wave bouy and the action came thick and fast. :thumbup:

In all, we boated two kings - 67 and 68cm and I got absoutely bricked by a king that found the bottom. I don't think I was a chance at all....... But what a buz. :yahoo:

So... it was a sensational morning and I've just finished BBQ king cutlet and baked veges the :wife: did me.

Here's a pick of me stoked with a nice king.

post-237-1203843751_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Hi Guys and Girls,

Just a quick report on our morning. Geoff and I had a great day... :yahoo:

Registered at a respectible 6:45am , had the best Bacon and Egg roll I've ever had and headed over to Watsons Bay for Yakka.

Had about 25 in the tank in double quick time, gave some to our new mate Dave and his son who we were tag teaming with today and off we went.

Over to South Head slow trolling the yakka. We don't have a down rigger so used trolling sinkers - geez they work well. :biggrin2:

Saw others boating kings but they alluded us so it was back into the wave bouy and the action came thick and fast. :thumbup:

In all, we boated two kings - 67 and 68cm and I got absoutely bricked by a king that found the bottom. I don't think I was a chance at all....... But what a buz. :yahoo:

So... it was a sensational morning and I've just finished BBQ king cutlet and baked veges the :wife: did me.

Here's a pick of me stoked with a nice king.

post-237-1203843751_thumb.jpg

Cheers

David.

Looks like you were right next to me (did you spot the double hook up/tangle/broken rod :1prop: ) Well done, it was a fantastic day for fishing the harbout today.

Looks like you were right next to me (did you spot the double hook up/tangle/broken rod :1prop: ) Well done, it was a fantastic day for fishing the harbout today.

G'day mate - yep, I pointed you out to Geoff when you were fighting that fish with the broken rod. We had a quiet chuckle but it looked like you were doing OK.

Thanks for kind comments everyone - yes, we had a fantastic day.

Can't wait to get out there and upset some kingfish again soon.... :yahoo:

Cheers

David.

Cracker of a fish there David, well done. :thumbup: Bad luck on being busted off by the bruiser.

I'm kicking myself for not being able to make it. Would have loved to have met all the Raiders whose reports I enjoy reading so much.... Hopefully next year!

Yep , that was us.

Geoff

It was a great day with the Webtster Twinfisher clan represented by Geoff and myself.

I have to give a special thanks to Geoff and Mottyman who we teamed up with and who gave us 7 yakka's when my son and I couldnt catch a cold. Without these two guys I would have gone fishless.

We converted the yakkas into kingfish at the wave bouy. Only one reached the magical 65 cm mark and the others went back in, but what was priceless was the sight of my son holding onto a rod and screaming that these things fight so hard and having a straight out tugger war with a king fish.

What a great day.

What king slayer didnt tell us is that his boat is a very small tinnie that was chock a block with gear and he was by himself and he was catching kingfish like nothing.

He was jumping all over the place and imagine what happens what happens when on one side of the boat he gets a king thats pulls the rod tip over the side of the boat into the water, a real hoodlum and then 30 seconds into it his other rod goes off. It also had a huge curve in it.

Then snap the rod he is holding breaks and you are still being dragged around. At one stage he was lying over the side of the boat trying to get hold of the trace.

The other rod was still going like crazy.

A fishermans nightmare or fantasy.

How many did you get in the end and is the heart back to normal yet ?

It was a great day with the Webtster Twinfisher clan represented by Geoff and myself.

I have to give a special thanks to Geoff and Mottyman who we teamed up with and who gave us 7 yakka's when my son and I couldnt catch a cold. Without these two guys I would have gone fishless.

We converted the yakkas into kingfish at the wave bouy. Only one reached the magical 65 cm mark and the others went back in, but what was priceless was the sight of my son holding onto a rod and screaming that these things fight so hard and having a straight out tugger war with a king fish.

What a great day.

Hi Dave,

Really nice to meet you and your young fella. It was our pleasure to hand over the yakka's, any time.

Get yourself a bait jig and a cheap bottle of prawn scent and you'll be right. :thumbup:

See ya next time.

Cheers

David.

Hi Dave,

Really nice to meet you and your young fella. It was our pleasure to hand over the yakka's, any time.

Get yourself a bait jig and a cheap bottle of prawn scent and you'll be right. :thumbup:

See ya next time.

Cheers

David.

Hehe David mmm prawn scent I have to get that perfume.