Definition Of A Tackle Rat

slinkymalinky

Thought it might be fun since I know I am a hopeless tackle rat to see what everyone thinks are the characteristics that qualify a person as one....

My contributions:

You know you're a tackle rat when you find a fishing rod you forgot you had.

You know you're a tackle rat when the tackle shop knows how many sugars you have in your coffee.

You know you're a tackle rat when you rig up 3 outfits with a stick bait, a raider and a popper rather than changing lures.

You know you're a tackle rat when.....?

Slinky

You know you're a tackle rat when.... you have a reel for every rod cos you waste time changing reels :1prop:

You know you're a tackle rat when.... you buy another rod when you don't really need it, but can't resist a bargain ...... I got a 7 wrap Pacific Composite blank MT7144 12ft Beach rod last week for $30!!! Used it at South West Rocks off the breakwall & it throws beautifully!!!

You know you're a tackle rat when.... you buy more stuff even tho you know you have some, but can't find it!

You know you're a tackle rat when.... you look for sinkers & hooks on jetties & rocks, to replace the ones you lost on a fish there some time ago ........ and get a buzz when you find some chewed up bit of lead!

You know you're a tackle rat when.... you are ME!!! :074:

Cheerio

Roberta

you know your a tackle rat when you have 6 blackfish rods and reels

when you have 30 homemade floats made from wine corks,chopsticks,bamboo,pelican feathers etc

when you have tackle boxs full of sps and hard body lures that dont get used

when you go grocery shopping and a packet of no8 hooks allways show up at the checkout in the trolley

i could go on and on :1prop: peter :1fishing1:

you know you're a tackle rat when you have rods you hant used yet, and reels still in the box

you know you're a tackle rat when you go to the tackle shop and stock up on things you dont need yet

you know you're a tackle rat when you have 3 different tackle bags, each full abd ready to go

1) rock fishing/boat fishing

2) 2-4kg tackle bag for bream fishing

3) soft plastics

......... AND YOU DON"T EVEN FISH SP's!!! .......

Hey CFD ...... I feel for you ...... Some years ago, I bought heaps of stuff 'cheap' when I didn't know anything about sps ...... they were all minute (as in tiny) and would suit any trout fisherperson to put on a hook!!! Anyone wanting a selection, send me a self-addressed envelope & I'll shoot some of the little buggars to you!!! I prefer the bigger variety ......like 100mm squidgies!!!

Roberta

you know you are a tackle rat when when keep buying braid in all weights for just in case.........!!!

you know you are a tackle rat when you purchase a new $300+ combo to match a new $3 lure.....

you know you are tackle rat when your rods live in the bedroom not the garage........

you know you are a tackle rat when you buy tackle that you have no idea how to use........

you know you are a tackle rat when you can't help but not respond to a post such as this ...........

WOULD WE HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY???????????????

......what about if you bought your kids rods and one of them is three months old? ......

I like it Tony! Get a pic of the kid with the gear & put it in the photo section!!!

Yeah ..... I know .... be honest .....Tick all of the above!!!

Roberta

You know you are...........................

When at 6.15am an eagle attacks and steals your favourite clear, top water lure so you dig through the crap in the boat find the same type of lure only to lose it an hour later to a bream in the leases and then find a third identical lure under the seat (when you could have sworn you only purchased one of them).

Dave

you know your a tackle rat when you have a rod rack in the dining room and in the kitchen and in the bedroom

you know your a tackle rat when you clean up and find approx 500 bucks worth of brand new lures,squid jigs ,soft plastic jigs that you never knew you had

Edited by mr magoo

:074::074::074:

At least all my gear is in the garage - a source of constant irritation to my husband & amazement to my fisho neighbour!!! Keith asks me to tidy it up at least once a week & Gordon just comes in & scratches his head & says "But you never use it!!" When Sails comes up for a visit, I think he thinks I am just extravagant ..... but I don't have kids!!! :biggrin2:

But, when someone wants to fish a specific species with a special sort of rod, reel & lure, I can pretty well always come up with the goods ...... except heavy duty Blue Water Stuff!!!

Roberta

Have told this tale on another site years ago, but I think it demonstrates the message clear enough. You know you're a tackle rat when....

After enjoying a 'grown-up moment', your partner sighs contentedly and whispers "a penny for your thoughts?" and you reply ... "I wonder if Slider Grubs come in Chartreuse?" :1prop:

Hodgey

Have told this tale on another site years ago, but I think it demonstrates the message clear enough. You know you're a tackle rat when....

After enjoying a 'grown-up moment', your partner sighs contentedly and whispers "a penny for your thoughts?" and you reply ... "I wonder if Slider Grubs come in Chartreuse?" :1prop:

Hodgey

Ahhhhhhh Hodgey just wondering did you share many more "grown up moments" with that partner :074:

Cheers mrsswordfisherman

Hodgey

haaaaaaaaaaaa :074::074::074::074::074::074:

thats gold!!!!!!!!!!!!

......what about if you bought your kids rods and one of them is three months old? ......

I like it Tony! Get a pic of the kid with the gear & put it in the photo section!!!

Roberta

Roberta

post-727-1204349332_thumb.jpg post-727-1204349353_thumb.jpg there you go the little one has a thing for cork grips he wont let go as soon as you put it in his hand :1fishing1:

oops too many photos damn computers :1fishing1:

post-727-1204349072_thumb.jpg