Botany Bay 12/1/04

kikila

The weather forecast was some what dire 15 to 20 knot nor west winds changing to the nor east at 35 knots in late morning a strong wind warning & I thought bloody great another day fishing in washing machine type conditions :1badmood: but with 2 of my best mates waiting at the ramp & both having taken RDO’s I felt obligated to at least give go. I launched out of the Sylvania waters ramp at 6am headed over to Towra where we caught 2 little lizards but the wind was a little brisk & was blowing us on to the bank in quick time so we took a run over to Ramsgate trying to get out of the wind where we stayed for the next couple of hours picking up one lizard of about 45cm. As the day progressed the wind slowly decreased so at about 830am the wind was almost gone, seeing as the conditions were so good we took a run over to Bonna point for a look see. 5 minutes into our first drift we had an almost triple hook up all the flatties were solid fish 2 at 58cm the other at 62cm :biggrin2: over the next hour we caught 6 more flatties all between 48 to 55cm. The nor easterly came up at 11am wrecking our drift so we went & did a drift around Dolls point for 1 more flattie we the called it a day. :thumbup:

post-227-1105520434_thumb.jpg

post-227-1105520777_thumb.jpg

post-227-1105520836_thumb.jpg

post-227-1105520894_thumb.jpg