Fishing Spots In Port Stephens?

fish feeder

Hi Raiders, I am heading up to Soldiers Beach near Nelsons Bay over the Easter Break and just wandering if anyone knows any good spots for either bream/whiting or snapper/jews fishing from a boat, I would be comfortable to go out through the heads for a couple of KM's but not really wanting to head too far out. I dont have a gps so any rough marks would be great.

Your best bet is to get Stinker's map, available from all the local tackle stores. The locations marked on there are generally reliable. You'll want the PSGLMP zoning map as well so you're not risking a hefty fine. Good jew spots are the deep holes just off Soldier's pt , the nearby wreck and the D'albora breakwall. Corrie island shortcut & nearby groynes are reliable for bream, flatties & whiting. Snapper around the shallow washes outside & the nearby islands at dawn & dusk with floating fresh baits & SP's.

I moved from Pt Stephens before the park boundaries were enforced, so pls check the map before you fish anywhere, I may have given you some 'out of bounds' locations!

Go brain it.

Jig

Gday mate,

I was told these spots but havn't fished them myself but apparently the island in the middle of Port Stevens Bondah island there are deep channels off each side and they get nice Jew fish and also a reef or Wreck in Salamander bay but don't know where it is also supposed to get jewies there. Ask the tackle store in town he might be able to give you closer directions.

Good luck

Thanks for the heads up I was planning to get into one of the tackle stores up there as well, I will post a report should the fishing Gods be smiling down on me.

Gday mate,

I was told these spots but havn't fished them myself but apparently the island in the middle of Port Stevens Bondah island there are deep channels off each side and they get nice Jew fish and also a reef or Wreck in Salamander bay but don't know where it is also supposed to get jewies there. Ask the tackle store in town he might be able to give you closer directions.

Good luck

The wreck in Slamander Bay is about 500-600m directly in front of the Oyster Leases. If you have a sounder you should be able to locate it.

Have had some massive bust offs there but put them down to Stingrays - could well have been big Jews charging off into the deep!

Good luck!

P.S. Be careful with alcohol on this waterway as the police boat is not afraid to pull you over and check the alcohol levels.

G,Day fish feeder (sounds like me :074: ) drift between Soldiers point west to Baromee point deep holes jew fish are rumored to be there there are 4 holes up 100ft deep I have been out last 2 weekends without much luck couple of runs but no hook ups.

The weather does not look good with 30Knot southerlies for Friday and Saturday.Sunday/Monday should be better i will be out there Sunday maybe Saturday.

I advise you do get Marine Park park Map as Fisheries will be out checking this weekend, Marine park locations have a yellow buoy.

Hope you have great time

Cheers

Gibbo

The wreck in Slamander Bay is about 500-600m directly in front of the Oyster Leases. If you have a sounder you should be able to locate it.

Andy There are a number of oyster leases around the Salamanda bay area. Could you indicate the spot your reffering to in relation to the boat ramp or the marina

Tks

Geoff