Just Arrived From Uk.loads Of Questions..

rsvnige

So I'll settle for two right now.....

1) Where's the best place for skiing around Sydney...I'm im French's Forest.

2) Anyone tow using a RAV4 and how s it.

oh ok one more then...really fancy taking the boat and the kids up the hawksbury and camping overnight...onshore as opposed to on the boat..any recommendations.

Thanks guys.

I believe I may be asking a few more pretty soon. :thumbup:

Wellcome to OZ. We must be doing some kind of exchange program as i flew into london on monday for a few years and im from the frenches forest area.

As far as skiing goes Im going to assume you mean water skiing seeing as though you mentioned towing a boat.You can get some alright skiing down at roseville as its nice and close but can get crowded with boat traffic and rowers, plus according to the stats is one of the most dangerous places for sharks in aus although i can't remember hearing of any attacks since ive been around and i see people in there all the time.

If you could find somewhere nice on the hawksbury it would probably be more relaxing. The basin in piittwater is a good place to take the kids for an overnight camp. Just launch from bayview ramp and it wont take you long to get there... you can also walk down to the basin from the west head national park if you feel like leaving the boat at home.

One thingthat worries me though is that there was no fishing questions in that list!!!! :1prop::biggrin2:

:1welcomeani:

Edited by fishlexic

Hi Mate,

I also agree with Roseville and i have an 07 Rav 4cyl i tow a 4.75m Quintrex and it does it fine.... (id worry towing anything heavier).... If your heavier id go the new V6 200 killer wasps Rav

Delta any idea how much it weighs with the trailer.??

Welcome to the best country in the world. I ski alot up at Wisemans Ferry and there are many places to stay right on the river and enjoy the great Hawkesbury. Also I have spent alot of time skijng around Spencer and oppsoite Spencer is a small area that we used to camp at when younger, but I am older now and enjoy a few more creature comforts that can be found at Wisemans.

As for towing I think your RAV will be fine for upto about 5.5M alloy or a 5.0M fibreglass boat. Check what Toyota rate it to, which I would guess will be 1200 odd kg and that is what you can tow.

Cheers,

Huey.

My wife has an 04 Rav 4 (2.4L 4cyl) I have towed my Quintrex 530 spirit with it and it had no problems, yes you need to plan for hills etc.

My boat fully loaded weighs 1,300Kg's

The Rav's towing capacity is 1,500kg's and 150Kg on the towball.

Edited by gone_wishin

Yes Deek, the Dunkirk is "one of a kind" both in amenities (no poker machines there :074: ) and the drinkers. I also had some fun times in my younger years with mates at the Dunkirk and across the river where we used to camp. One time when we were camping and getting supplies (or should I say beer) from the shop, we had a few drinks at the Dunkirk B4 we left and a mate started the tinny we had but not being that used to how to drive, it started and took off at full throttle and somehow managed to pretty much land in the Dunkirk. For months after we teased him about that add that was on TV at the time about the guy who says "I know boats" before he goes straight thru the bottom of one. It was very funny and I am sure the locals that were there still talk about it.

Good memories,

Huey.

My guess would be around the 1000kg mark

Thanks guys...

Delta i think I'm looking at about 900kg all up with full fuel and water tanks so should be no problems....especially as i'll never be able to afford to fill the boat right up anyway. !!!!!!!!!!!