Broken Bay Shark Fest

Guest hottuna

Guest hottuna

With the abundance of tailor, salmon bonnies and who knows what in the bay of late, we`ve had the pleasure of heaps of visiting sharks, 6.30 this morning i nailed a nice little cruising 2-3ft hammer on a strip of bonnie, and hour later while sitting on the pick we managed to burley up a nice little (5tf) mako who took a passing interest to our trail. Feed a bait out and not 3min later had a solid hook up. The 10-15kg texalium was fished to its maximum and after what seemed like 10mintues, Allen Glover who was onboard for the day set the gaff, (cheers what would one do alone?) Est at 35 to 40kg. He was choke full of what looked like salmon.

Dan

Wherever theres surface fish & bait there are biteys  :biggrin2: Sounds like you had a bit of fun with the mako anyhow.

Makos are good eating. Probably the best eating of all sharks in my opinion.

27374[/snapback]

addendum to this is that I pulled a 7ft hammer off the same spot(pic included) on thursday we must have spotted 6 others on thursday too.

the bay has nearly as many noahs in it than talior and its full of those little buggers

Wherever theres surface fish & bait there are biteys  :biggrin2: Sounds like you had a bit of fun with the mako anyhow.

Makos are good eating. Probably the best eating of all sharks in my opinion.

27374[/snapback]

addendum to this is that I pulled a 7ft hammer off the same spot(pic included) on thursday we must have spotted 6 others on thursday too.

the bay has nearly as many noahs in it than talior and its full of those little buggers

post-154-1105941554_thumb.jpg

yeah theres a few noahs about in the bay

i was catching live bait saturday morning and a huge hammerhead took my whole bait jig

somehow the line didnt get bitten off, but it didnt take too long to outdo me on a 2kg braid outfit

never seen my plastics rod bend like that

it was an interesting fight for 10mins anyway

about 4 miles off killcare something took a liking to my lumo sprocket on the 24kg outfit.

had a mind numbing run, but it ran across and was going for my the other lines

by the time i cleared the deck it spat the hooks

not happy