Butter Bream For Bait

Anti-Carp

Yep tried them a few times for bugger all. Tried little fillets for bugger all even when there were plenty of bream around. :wacko: I don't mind sweep though. A good Jew fisho I know swears by them. :biggrin2:

Cheers,

Grant.

Thanks Grant.

I did some research on em and some people reckon the larger ones are good eating and some people keep em in aquariums. What I don't get though is why people pay $15 bucks or more at the aquarium for one.

Thanks Grant.

I did some research on em and some people reckon the larger ones are good eating and some people keep em in aquariums. What I don't get though is why people pay $15 bucks or more at the aquarium for one.

Yeah mate, that's got me stuffed as well. I've got heaps of them in the river out the back. Maybe I should charge people $10.00 & they can come & catch their own! :074::074:

Cheers,

Grant.

Whats a butter bream look like ?

penguin

Penguins can't eat them ,penguin.Seriously though,they are dead set ringers for fresh water Angel Fish,deep diamond shape in silver with a strip (black) through the eye vertically.They also have a nasty spine at the front of both the anal & dorsal fins,because of this and their wide body they probably choke all fish that try to swallow them,except for perhaps Mackeral & big Tailor with cutting teeth.