Lane Cove Lizards On The Yak

jenno64

Had a great little session on the kayak yesterday arvo on the run out tide in a quiet little bay Lane Cove way. Trolled HBs and flicked plastics around over the dropoffs for over a dozen flatties from 38-58cm in 3 hours. The HBs won the day. The fish were hitting the lures very aggressively and I left them biting as a storm loomed about 6pm. Kept 6 for a family feast today and didn't even use the $10 worth of tube worms I took as back-up. Autumn arvos are very pleasant to fish!

Cheers,

Rob

post-4017-1206831287_thumb.jpg

Well done Rob! Fantastic feed there! Interesting to see they were hitting so aggressively! What sort of depth were you in?? good to see the trolling did the trick!

I must get back into my flattie fishing too - hope to get into the leases & give it a go tomorrow .... will have to leave the blackie gear at home, tho, .... to easy to switch over when you see them there!!! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Hi Roberta,

I was getting the hits in between 4 and 7 feet of water and I was slaloming out over the drop-off and then back in. It seemed to do the trick. The last fish I landed completely engulfed the SX-40 and the bigger one took line off me and performed some amazing death rolls near the yak....they all seemed very fiesty on the day. I've just finished preparing skinless and boneless fillets for tonight :beersmile:

Cheers

Hey Hodgey,

The SX-40 did most damage but I tried a variety of chaeper lures that I cant even identify....most hits on gold colours

Ceph,

Last time I got a couple of good lizards flicking 100mm squidgies around but I tried the same and not a hit...maybe the HBs were annoying them into biting

Yakfishing,

I vary the speed but make sure there is vibration on the rod tips. Like tou I have aHobie so I put the foot down for a couple of metres and that livens things up. :1prop:

Tony,

I don't even know the name of the bay but it is filled with sailing boats and cruisers on moorings. It is down river of Figtree bridge.

Cheers, Rob