Got To Ask, Sorry

damobows

I really don't like asking for secrets but any help will be very much appreciated.

Wanted to get some livies for the Kings in Botany, haven't caught them before have got a bait jig had a few questions.

What berley etc, and where can I go to try to get them?

Anything will help.

Cheers

Damo :biggrin2:

molinex or yarra bay good for livies mate, i burley with bread crumbs and it never fails.

dunno about squid spots in the bay but ive heard yarra bay can produce squid as well as around la perouse and bare island.

good luck mate and be sure to let us know how you go.

G'day Damo,

One of the important things if you want to catch your livies fast is to keep up a continuous, slow stream of berley. One of the great ways to do it is to freeze small blocks made of bread (optionally with a bit of tuna oil) mushed up to a fine pulp in water. I put one of these in my berley pot when I get to a spot and as it slowly melts, it released a fine stream of bread particles without having to constantly mash the pot.

If I have pilchards or anything left over from a day out I'll also grind them up at home and add them to the mix. I use small cylindrical screw-top containers I found at Woolies for a couple of bucks each as they're the perfect size and the frozen blocks slip out easily.

If you're fishing from the yak in your pic it would probably work really well if you popped the frozen block in an onion bag or something hung from the side.

Cheers, Slinky

G'day Damo,

One of the important things if you want to catch your livies fast is to keep up a continuous, slow stream of berley. One of the great ways to do it is to freeze small blocks made of bread (optionally with a bit of tuna oil) mushed up to a fine pulp in water. I put one of these in my berley pot when I get to a spot and as it slowly melts, it released a fine stream of bread particles without having to constantly mash the pot.

If I have pilchards or anything left over from a day out I'll also grind them up at home and add them to the mix. I use small cylindrical screw-top containers I found at Woolies for a couple of bucks each as they're the perfect size and the frozen blocks slip out easily.

If you're fishing from the yak in your pic it would probably work really well if you popped the frozen block in an onion bag or something hung from the side.

Cheers, Slinky

Thanks Slinky will do Ta