Power Anchors ?

jewfishrobby

hi guys and dolls im starting a new project brought my self a 16' savage half cabin which needs some tlc i was wondering if anybody has used the powered anchor to lower and raise the anchor (lazy i know lol) whats a good brand are they ok im looking and a brand called trac which is some what cheaper but im scared that it would be useless should i buy a dearer brand ????? any info would be muchly appericated :wacko::1prop:

I have been looking at some for my Cruise Craft 625 and although I don't know what one I will get yet everyone I speak to seems to say the same thing.

"Spend the money on a good one or it will break in a few months"

I can't recommend any because I haven't bought one although most people seem to think that the brand "quick" are pretty good.

Dan

I have been looking at some for my Cruise Craft 625 and although I don't know what one I will get yet everyone I speak to seems to say the same thing.

"Spend the money on a good one or it will break in a few months"

I can't recommend any because I haven't bought one although most people seem to think that the brand "quick" are pretty good.

Dan

thanks mate ill look into those ones

A buddy in NZ put one in & had it attached to his only battery - big mistake!!! It can drain a battery very easily if used a lot on the one day! Get good advice on battery setups if you go ahead with it!

There is always the big float trick, that virtually raises your anchor for you .... just gotta make sure you don't run over your own rope - if done right, it pulls it up for you every time!!

Cheerio

Roberta