Estuary Perch

Hooky.

Thanks fella's, it certainly was a fat specimen.

I caught it in the Parramatta River in an area that was loaded with baitfish.

It was a classic example of "match the hatch" when it came to lure choice.

There was heaps of minnows or gudgeon type fish in the area that looked to be green in colour. Hence the choice of SP that I used. :biggrin2:

Nice fish mate :thumbup: , some good eps have come from there lately. We were getting a morning snack from the fish markets and I asked Mick if he wanted to check it out for a few eps as it had been a while. When we arrived I think it was your boat and another plugging the same area so we steered clear.

G'day Rick, I was with Ozy on his new boat, no way my old tinnie would have lasted in the chop, straight to the bottom I'd say. :1prop:

I remember Ozy saying you went past whilst we were there.

Mark and Nicko were in the other boat, I think they pulled out two bream and missed the EP's. :1tongue::biggrin2:

swoffa, I had a feeling the regular locals would know where it was without mentioning it, that's if it is the same spot.

Not a bad spot either, just quietly. :thumbup:

At 36cms it put up a good fight on a near locked drag, I'd love to have a 54cm model on and feel the difference. :1yikes:

cheers :beersmile:

hooky

I have never caught an EP, would you rather catch an Ep or a Bream for fighting quality?

27828[/snapback]

Defenitely EP!!! :thumbup: I've only caught 1...but it went like a bomb! :1prop:

:1fishing1: 44CM FORK EP IS THE BEST I HAVE SEEN ALIVE CAUGHT BY MY FUTURE WIFE AND FISHING PARTNER TRACY WHILE ON THE HAWKESBURY RIVER

CHEERS MICK

I WILL TRY TO SCAN A PHOTO FOR YOU TO SEE MAYBE WE CAN MAKE A LADIES AREA... :1fishing1::wife::wife::wife::wife::wife:

Edited by mick r