Japan Tackle

donjuarez

A good mate of mine just left for Japan for 3 weeks... and it didn;t even occur to me to hit him up for some tackle!!!

Has anyone got tackle directly from Japan? Is it worth looking inot a few items? how do the prices compare?

A good mate of mine just left for Japan for 3 weeks... and it didn;t even occur to me to hit him up for some tackle!!!

Has anyone got tackle directly from Japan? Is it worth looking inot a few items? how do the prices compare?

It is certainly worth it to get stuff from there. Alot of the stuff you can get there, you can't get here in aussie. Prices are wayyy cheaper too. Which part of Japan is he going to ?

I have bought 4 Stellas and a Branzino directly form Japanese suppliers.

You get the latest models at a 30% saving.

Australia is a couple of models old compared to Japan. Blame the importers!!

I had the 2500 Stella FD 18 months before they were available here and paid $600 for it. Best price I could get today is $760.

The older models are dirt cheap. I paid $445 Aussie Pesos for a new 8000 FA Stella. This is half price.

If the importers don't pull their heads in, tackle shops will be a thing of the past. We will have to tell our Grandchildren what they like!!! As it is, they are fast becoming show rooms for Ebay.

No offence intended to any of our sponsors. These are the facts. If I could buy at the same price here, of course I would do so and eliminate the risk of shipping, customs and damaged goods.

Edited by Ceph

I went to japan just last Month. All I can say about the tackle stores there is the wide range of tackle & equipment they have is incredible. I spent a couple of days at the local fishing store where my :wife: 's home town and I was addicted. couldnt get over it.

If the importers don't pull their heads in, tackle shops will be a thing of the past. We will have to tell our Grandchildren what they like!!! As it is, they are fast becoming show rooms for Ebay.

No offence intended to any of our sponsors. These are the facts. If I could buy at the same price here, of course I would do so and eliminate the risk of shipping, customs and damaged goods.

Spot on.

I would love to patronise the local tackle shops but when you can save hundreds of dollars and get the latest models how can you compare?

I'm not prepared to buy reels in Australia anymore because I simply can't justify spending more money for a lesser product.

I don't know the answer but something has to change if conventional tackle shops are to survive.

Cheers

Tony