Fish Grippers

vipernut

my :wife: grandfather is down at the moment from iluka.he wants to buy what he calls 'fish clappers',but we cant find them anywhere.he has decribed them to me as having plastic covered handles like scissors.the section that grips the fish is metal,but curls around into a loop.one of my local stores knew what we were talking about,but said he didnt think they made them anymore.the :wife: grandfather is 84 and still fishes frequently,he owns standard straight grippers but doesnt like them. does anyone know where i can get a pair?...

Saturday morning you will find the Flemington Markets has a kind of flea sale yard below their main carpark. Its free to get in and park, but be early.

There, you will find a couple of retailers that have all manner of tackle, some of it fairly old.

In the last aisle, close to the boundry fence of the markets proper, you will find a small stall with lots and lots of obscure tackle and lures. He even has some limited fly tying material. This guy does it as a hobby, and seems to have a bit of everything.

Try him.

Incidently, he has a bit of stock of the old Yozuri Snap beans if anyone is looking for them! :thumbup: I know they are a rare find in tacklos