Fishraiders Invade Lake Lyell

Gdayyyyyyyyyyy all,

I had the pleasure of spending the day with Outdoordan ,the two Chris's and Roffo at Lake Lyell today :yahoo:

We got up at the ungodly hour of 2 am and were ready to make the trek up the mountains with the Polycraft attached.

The two Chris's met Dan and myself at Maccas at Lithgow around 5.30 am and we did the coffee and bacon roll thing as well as some nice pancakes.

Arrived at the Lake with rain and fog :thumbdown: and southerly winds.

It was cool but not too cold and we set off in search of the elusive trout we had heard about from a few members including Roffo.

We started drifting along the bank casting all manner of softies and hard bods and then I got a call from Roffo that he was in the bay near the wires landbased and we would catch up for lunch.

Despite our efforts searching for trout ,we were astonished to have our efforts rewarded with a small bass for Dan :1yikes: .

We wanted to catch a trout on plastics and Dan decided to rig a squidgee rainbow trout pattern on a 1/12th jig head which proved to be dynamite on the rainbows.

We got a few nice ones befire lunch and missed a lot of small fish that were whacking our offerings.

Dan was on fire and I just stood in the background ******** and ******* with all the snags I hooked up :ranting2:

We decided to head over to where Roffo was and he informed us he had scored a really nice fish and a few smaller versions on powerbait.

Time for lunch and out came the new gas cooker again and we promptly got a nice brew of coffe going and some really tasty bacon sandwhichs which everyone tucked into.

While we were feasting we decided to throw a few powerbaits out and bugger me if Chris didnt score a little trout nearly straight away and the Chris NO.2 scored another little fella as well.

Roffo had to make tracks around 2 pm and we decided to head back up the dam for the arvo session and this proved to be a great idea as Dan and I had two double hook ups :yahoo: and the 2 Chris,s scored a fish each going 35 and 42 cms respectfully.

Dans best was 50 cms and 5 or 6 around the high 40s.

What a top day out with fellow Raiders and I cant wait to go again already.

Thanks fellas for a great day out and Dan you are always such a pleasure to fish with as per usual.

post-256-1208597023_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597036_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597048_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597061_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597073_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597089_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597104_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597117_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597131_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597145_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597161_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597176_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597189_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597277_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597291_thumb.jpg

post-256-1208597305_thumb.jpg

Regards Stewy

Great report fellas! :thumbup:

Weather looked pretty bleak, but you probably didn't notice, faring as well as you did! :074: That new gas cooker has paid for itself already Stewy! :thumbup:

Lake Lyell .... another place added to my ever-growing 'must fish' list. Congrats to all!

Hodgey

excellent results fellas,

looks like its firing well at the moment,

last time i was there we got a bass too stewy but that was about 2 months ago and without any trout i put it down to the warmer weather but i reckon youz must have chucked a lure right on his nose at this time of year,

the trout in the 4th pic :1yikes: he must have been hungry,

well done again and i might bump into youz up there soon. :1fishing1:

Hi Stewy, great post mate!

What a fantastic day it was! I had'nt been to Lake Lyell before and I was'nt disapointed with what we found. It provided both Chris and I with our first ever Trout (in the end we caught 5 or 6 each) and whole lot of great fishing memories and although it was cool the weather was'nt too bad, I only had the rain gear on once :1badmood: .

It was great to catch up with Dan (the bacon sandwich and coffee KING) again, its always fun to have a fish with you mate and it was nice to meet Pete (Roffo), arn't all raiders top poeple It was long day but a top one!!!

I'm looking forward to getting up there again before tooo long, hopefully with the same top bunch of Raiders.

Cheers,

Chris...

Yummo, Trout for dinner tonight.

G'day

Thanks fellas for a top day,

Despite the wheather being a bit sh-t house :thumbdown: Lake Lyell is a truly beautiful place and i really enjoyed our trek up the mountains.

Catchin a few nice rainbows, the largest just on 50cms, was purely a bonus.

Its was great to have such success with soft plastics, as both Stewy and i had never targeted trout this way. With the majority of trout comming over the side of the Poly craft succuming to this technique, we were pretty pleased :thumbup:

It was great to meet Chris and Roffo, and its always a pleasure to catch up and have a fish with you Smitty. Great to see both yourself and Chris get into your first trout, and a few nice ones too.

Thanks once again to Stewy, I always enjoy fishin with you, the laughs, conversation and sharing some great fishing with a good mate is what its all about... And the drive up couldn't have been anymore comfortable, heated seats and all :thumbup:

Hope to do it again soon

Dan

Camping can get pretty cold from this time of year onwards. Maybe an overnighter at Lithgow and then and early start? I've become accustomed to camping in a camper-trailer. ie a a queen size bed, full kitchen etc :biggrin2: Don't know if I could go back to tents / sleeping bags etc

Gdayyyyyy Scienceman,there are some reasonable camping options at the lake and you could make an over niter which wouldnt be half bad :biggrin2:

We saw a few nice setups on the bank and the position is pretty protected from the southerlies :thumbup:

Cheers Stewy

Smitty,

Thanks again for the invite, great meeting Dan and Roffo. The weather didn't look promising at first but that didn't matter because the company was great, the fishing was great, the place was great. I look forward to having another opportunity to do this again. Stewy you are a legend, and Happy Birthday mate. I hope many more raiders end up fishing here sometime.

Did someone mention staying overnight???? I'm there!!!!!!

Cheers fellas

Kungee

Smitty,

Thanks again for the invite, great meeting Dan and Roffo. The weather didn't look promising at first but that didn't matter because the company was great, the fishing was great, the place was great. I look forward to having another opportunity to do this again. Stewy you are a legend, and Happy Birthday mate. I hope many more raiders end up fishing here sometime.

Cheers fellas

Kungee

Good to see your first post finally Chris :thumbup: mate we will have many more opportunities to fish toghether,TRUST ME :yahoo:

Thanks for the Happy Birthday wish to mate.

Cheers Stewy

well done guys :thumbup:

sounds like a great time was had by all....

stewy next time you are going to a dam/lake let us know and ill tell the fishies your going eh,

then ill go to the feeder creek where it will be choccas with them hiding from yas :074::074:

and happy birthday too.....

powerbait eh never new it floated either, who said you cant teach an old dog new tricks eh :074:

cheers...steve......

Great day fellas. Well done on plenty of & some very nice Trout. :thumbup:

Looks like you had a ball.

Great stuff Dan & Stewy for getting into them rolling the plastics. The change in tactics really paid off for you.

Cheers,

Grant.

Smitty,

Cheers fellas

Kungee

No worries mate, you're welcome anytime....was a pleasure fishin with ya!