Long Day For One Fish

humesy

Got up early this morning and should have enjoyed more sleep. Water was muddy at the Spit and squid didn't seem to be around. Caught some yakkas at Balmoral Wharf and the a baby squid at another spot. Conditions seemed very good for a jewie at a favoured spot of mine at the bottom of the tide but it wasn't to be.

Figured the harbour would be the place to be in cleaner water and I tried several spots for nuthin' at all. Went back to the jewie spot in MH for high tide and the story was the same. Enjoyed a little snooze while the livies swam around unmolested. Hit my last spot, still hoping for a jewie and again started a burley trail. I recently splurged on some new gear, including rails on the boat, rod holders and 2 new rods. The best thing about the rod holders is the beautiful sound that resonates through the boat when the drag goes off. This time it was on the texalium I picked up 2nd hand. The fish ran like a jew and I thought it was going to be a big PB. A 70cm kingie was no disappointment though and the texie passed the test with flying colours.

Cheers.

post-1006-1209192986_thumb.jpg

bad luck on the jew but a nice bye catch for dinner

we hit the spit at 12.00last night plan was for flattys

picked up 2 and brecky bream in 5 hours[plenty off throw backs]

ca'nt complain with bringing a feed home

gary

Hi Andrew,

Yeah mate its hard work out there ATM.

Water is just too dirty in MH.

I like the rails and more rod holders on your boat - good idea.

A 70 Kingie is an excellent consolation catch.

Next week low tides in MH will be the go for me.

Cheers

Hi Humesy

:1fishing1: is very tuff at the moment with all the run of from the :1badmood: . But at least you got out there and had ago :1fishing1: .

And for your efforts you have been rewarded with not many but one. It may not of been a pb but surely

one better than many of us have caught in the past day or so.

Cheers

Bob

Edited by aussie big bob