First Bug Ant Victim....

Pukka

Had my first throw with an Ecogear Bug Ant today, I've been using hawg style lures a lot lately, so I had the feeling the Ecogear version would be a sure fire winner, this little 38-er thought so anyway, and was the highlight of an otherwise quiet session I had this morning.

... also included is a pic' of a healthy bag of 5 from one of my previous comp' prefishes.

Pukka

Edited by Pukka

That's the same as the Puchi-Ebi I think... Tony?

Is it the same sort of latex as the "snapback' lures? If so what hook did you fish it on? I find it difficult to keep that material straight on anything except a Squidgie hook.

28241[/snapback]

No Swoff, the Puchi-ebi is smaller, 1 inch. The Bug Ant comes in 3 sizes I think, 2, 3, and 4 inch. the Puchi-Ebi is also made from biodegradeable plastic, the Bug Ant is made with the normal Ecogear plastic. the Puchi-ebi also has claws not paddles.

Joe

Puchi-ebi:

P.S. Snapback plastic is different again.

Edited by Pukka

Thanks for clearing that up Joe. I gave the Puchi-Ebi's a go at the Georges social and got fed up with fixing them up every couple of casts that I haven't used them since. Those bug ants look good, I'll have to track some down.  :biggrin2:

28247[/snapback]

Andrew, they're not in the country yet. Tony is not sure whether to bring them in.

Joe