Crescent Head

Hi Raiders,

Just got back from a week at crescent head and the fishing was at times AWESOME!!

Many fish were caught including a 60cm long tom on a popper, silver trevally,rock cod and bream on a 75mm lure . However the main targets were big greenbacks and bream heres how it went on the hot sessions

Session 1 Bad Bonito

Hit the ledge early to try out my new 6kg combo and punched out a XRAP into the stiff breeze. It wasn't long before the bonito's showed up and smashed every lure in the water, there were not big only 40 ish but for there size few fish go as hard and fast :biggrin2: got sore arms after this session :074:

Session2 Bruiser Bream

Found a shallow reef at the river mouth and as the tide receded with all the wave action it certainly looked as it should hold some early spawners. First accurate cast with the camion and CLUNK the Luvias is singing :074: after a very tough fast fight I beach the first bream of around 33cm :thumbup:

Very next cast the lure is hammered again and this time a bigger bream takes me a tour of his local reef before i beach him bigger at 35cm :yahoo:

In the next thirty minutes before the tide pushes them out i hook and fight bream after bream all between 32-37cm in the hottest bite i have experienced, i don't land them all but manage five, four of which are released to propagate the species :074:

Session 3 Tough Tailor

Big greenbacks were the main target and with one day left of my holiday i had not evey seen a pesky chopper :thumbdown: down to ledge for an arvo session I chose a different location and could not beleive my eyes when just off the ledge a school of medium size tailor just milled around like mullet :yahoo:

On went a wildeye shad and a slow twitch retreive brought instant hookups and screaming drags as they tried to take me under the ledge, after landing the first two 44 and 47cm i was happy for the feed and stoked with these mid sized tailor. I switched to the XRAP and then lost it after a serious hit and run from an angry tailor. These tailor were now getting the better of me and i lost 3 mores lures without landing one more fish untill the school moved off, as they say thats fishing

Here are the best pics from a great fishing spot

post-2475-1210240240_thumb.jpg

post-2475-1210240258_thumb.jpg

post-2475-1210240278_thumb.jpg

post-2475-1210240404_thumb.jpg

post-2475-1210240302_thumb.jpg

Great fish there buddy and nice outfits you caught them on is

that the new daiwa luvias and what rod is that matched with?

It looks like a great combo and you had a good time on the

water well done :thumbup:

Cheers

Rizzo :biggrin2:

Great fish there buddy and nice outfits you caught them on is

that the new daiwa luvias and what rod is that matched with?

It looks like a great combo and you had a good time on the

water well done :thumbup:

Cheers

Rizzo :biggrin2:

yep new daiwa luvias 2004 (jap only model, shallow finesse spool, only 185 grams) it is matched to a 6'10" Berkley Pro Tactic IMO an excellent combo for $600, so light and sensitive but with guts for the bigger fish

cheers

Kael

yep new daiwa luvias 2004 (jap only model, shallow finesse spool, only 185 grams) it is matched to a 6'10" Berkley Pro Tactic IMO an excellent combo for $600, so light and sensitive but with guts for the bigger fish

cheers

Kael

Where did you score the jap model from i thought they were made in thailand and the previous model was made in japan :blink: