Fishing Broken Bay.

Shark Bait

Hi all.

I haven't fished broken Bay for a while, & I'm taking a friend out fishing tomorrow evening. I'll be launching the boat at about 3pm, & coming back in about 9pm. With my fishing ability (lack of), I'm thinking of 3 options.

I can soak squid strips around Little Wobby or the rail bridge for jews (I'll be using bought squid) & low tide is about 6.30pm.

I can trawl lures around Barrenjoey & West Head for Tailor. (How fast should I trawl. Should I do 3 knots or faster?) I'll only have about 2 1/2 hours light. Will this still work in the dark.

I can throw plastics around Patonga for Flatthead. Again, I'll only have about 2 1/2 hours light. The last 3 hours will be dark.

Which option do you think would be most likely to catch us some fish? You might think I should try for flathead while it's light, & when they go off, soak some baits for Jewfish. I don't think chasing Jewfish at low tide is brilliant, but that's only cause I don't often chase them at low tide, & it may be my best bet after dark.

Your thoughts?

Thanks,

Rick.

Edited by Shark Bait

hey rick,trolling speed should give you a good action on the lure

we use lazer pro lures and troll at between 5kn to6kn with a 4 meter diving lure

the front of the joey allways has tailor and the odd king at first light and late arvo

hope you cash in gary

post-6655-1210315467_thumb.jpg

rick the rod in half loaded and the tip twiching if that makes any sence

to red on white is good on overcast days but we always start with these two notice the bite marks on the top hooks on the red and white

all bonito hits we picked up a 785mm king on the uther one just outside south head the bonito we at the gap

this was about 4 weeks ago

when i fished the joey land based years ago the kings would run along the shore heading in and smash every thing on the way just on dark

gary