Mothers Day On The Bay

hoges1974

Well i could not believe it last night i said to everyone lets get to bed early so we can get up and get out fishing before the wind hits.

7.30 in the car on a Sunday is a great effort for my kids lol.

We left from Georges river National park and were in the bay at the hot water outlet by 8.15 the bay was like glass most of the way out flatest i have seen it ever.

2 mins into it and the misses nearly falls overboard i am on she screams. Couple of minutes lates she lands a nice size slimy. The slimy goes back in and i bait her up 30 seconds later she was on again. She is only a little thing and using light gear she was really struggling landing these fish but she was having an absolute ball they sure do put up a good fight for a small fish. This goes on for an hour or so when she starts to get sick of catching them.

So we decided to pull up anchor and drift across the bay. Plenty of bites but nothing landed.

We headed over to the rock wall laned a few small snapper and a couple of bream. had my big rod out with a yellow tail on it and after about 20mins it went crazy. Run for about 5 seconds i grab hold if it and i am on. The fight goes on for about 2 or 3 minutes it was hard to stop this thing. i fight and fight but eventually loose it(looks like one of my knots failed) was spewing.

After a while there we headed for some cover back in the Georges. Found a nice spot and after a bit of berley the rods start going again. Misses landed a few good whiting and i was having a bit of a snooze when the misses said quick quick your rod is going to snap(little rod) i look up and geezus it is about to snap. I grab hold and give it a wind landing a nice flatty. He come in at 51cm (pb for me)

All in all a great day misses won 12 fish to 4

post-7433-1210501735_thumb.jpg

Edited by hoges1974

I reckon that sounds like a great day hoges1974, even if the "misses" outfished you. :thumbup:

Shame about the one that got away, but that's fishing.

And any flattie over 50cm is great. Well done

Cheers

Peter

PS How did you get the kids in the car by 7.30 :1yikes: ???