Butts And Rods

Gday Guys, just a few questions for you. So i am going to buy a boat shortly, equiped with a game chair. Now in your infinite wisdom raiders what are your opinions on Bent Butt as opposed to straights, both for stand up and fighting out of the chair?

Two set ups, one set of bent butts for trolling 24 kg plus and 2 X24 kg STAND UP STIKS FOR TROLLING AND CUBING

Bent butts for the outriggers and the straight butts for the short corners ,troll in a W PATTEREN.

Cheers Stewy

Gday Guys, just a few questions for you. So i am going to buy a boat shortly, equiped with a game chair. Now in your infinite wisdom raiders what are your opinions on Bent Butt as opposed to straights, both for stand up and fighting out of the chair?

Smokinjoe..

infinite wisdom hey....you could be opening a can of worms with that question...

assuming you are referring to a trailer boat

as i guess it mainly comes down in the end to purely what you prefer....

so in answer to your question to useing a bent butt as opposed to a straight butt

is that for me a bent butt feel's awkward.... and a nicely balanced outfit with a straight butt for me feel's so much better.....

so with stand up tackle then being my number one choice and preferred option......... and it were me.... i would buy the boat and get rid of the chair giving myself more room out the back in the process....

Cheers Warnie....

LOL, ok guys its a 25ft Huntsman, 260hp inboard merc, and trailable. Preferably would like to fish light, probably 10, 15 & 24kg at the most, have photo but to large to show

Hey mate, if you're fishing only up to 24kg dump the chair, maybe get some cash out of it for some new rods/gear. 10 and 15 straight butts, 24 is personal preference - some like the added leverage from a SHORT bent butt (chair bent butts and strand up bent butts are different) when stand up fishing, some prefer the straight butts, my tip is to harness yourself up and load the rod up and see which you prefer.

Daniel

Thanks guys, ok.....mmmm but i like the chair, looks good haha lol, seriously will have to get it on water to see how it functions with and without it. So basically unless im considering 37kg and above tackle wise the chair is of no reel(sic) benefit? Daniel is the main difference between a chair and standup rod the length of the butt?

Yep, definately no need for a chair for 24kg tackle and below. A dedicated chair rod first of all has a longer butt which isnt suited for stand up fishing at all, and the rod itslef (blank) is actually longer. There are also more subtle differences as both rods serve a different purpose, hence they are built differently.

How about you just remove the chair and fit a light tackle station, reelax makes two variations with a simple rocket launcher or prep board.

Daniel