Farewell Surface Lure Season

It had to come didn't it? Today was attrocious weather, with very strong winds and a looming storm. My first thought was for Buster1, who was spending a couple of days here. (Sorry we didn't get to catch up, Garry. Hope you managed a couple of fish in the better weather yesterday)

Deno had heard that there were some flathead starting to move in our system now, so we decided we'd try the lake before surface luring. I was armed with a robeebee 'secret weapon'! Five minutes later, and the first little flatty comes to the boat.

post-3198-1210994304_thumb.jpg

Back into the drink he went to grow up a bit. Twenty minutes later, and we decided to call it quits and try the surface lure. Had a couple of half-hearted lookers, and then I managed to land the ONLY breambo for the day.

post-3198-1210994442_thumb.jpg

After several futile hours of damn near casting our arms off, we conceded defeat. The wind had really kicked up, so decided on one last fish near the entrance. Robeebee's lure agin went for a swim, and I nailed 3 keepers in quick succession. Not monsters by any means, but a welcome addition to the menu.

post-3198-1210994610_thumb.jpg

Saw a lot of similar sized flatties whilst drifting, so all indications are good. If Tuross is famous for anything, it's for VERY big flathead. Bring 'em on, I say!

Hodgey

Hodgey! I feel for you mate!!! It was the same for me, but you got one more bream than me & maybe 2 more better flatties (but I did get some more yesterday!!) That wind was a real pain - my lures were going every which way ..... I was looking at where it was supposed to go, didn't see it land & had to watch the line to see where it had actually gone!! Incredible!!

Well done under trying conditions!! Makes the 'good' days even more special, eh??

Cheerio

Roberta

Had to change for you sooner or later Hodgey,but that was a great season on the beam & whiting with your

surface lure's.

Time for the plastic's now mate,some decent flathead can be great fun & a good substitute for you guy's,not

bad eating too.

cheers

Steve

Not sure it's all over up here just yet Hodgey.

I had a brief session first thing yesterday morning on the flats of the Woronora River. I may have just been in the right place at the right time but the rover lure was continually followed and landed three nice bream with three throw backs in the first half an hour.

Unfortunately though a nice one took me around a snag and won its freedom (and my lure). As the main aim of the day was blackfishing I packed up and moved on.

Dont dessert the bream just yet.

Dave

post-571-1211160595_thumb.jpgG/day Hodgey sorry we did not see you but we had a good time at Tuross the fishing was very hard but we managed a few flathead on the S/Ps And I got 2 small bream an E/P and a tailor on the pencil lures and it was the one that you recommended ,we saw a lot of big bream around I think is was the 5 ways

But the place looks to have plenty of potential so I am sure that we will be back in the warmer months hope to see you then ,in the mean time keep posting those great reports

Regards Garry