Roseville-middle Harbour

glennmreid

Went back to my usual spot today for a fish. My spot didn't disappoint. After a slow start, ended up catching 5 bream, 3 mullet and 2 great flatties. The flatties were 52cm & 57cm. Plenty of solid bites after the turn of the tide. Hooked and lost a decent sized fish. Caught the flatties on ganged pilchards.Just as well I was using ganged hooks, the leader was light and would've had no chance against those flattie teeth. Took home the 2 flatties, and 2 mullet which will be great for those Roseville jews.

post-3324-1211014617_thumb.jpg

52cm flattie

post-3324-1211014701_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211014777_thumb.jpg

57cm flattie

post-3324-1211014814_thumb.jpg

post-3324-1211014845_thumb.jpg

Well done for a good outing Chopper 75.

I had lunch to the north of the Roseville bridge during the week and watched from the car as something of good size pushed its bow-wave up and down real close to the edge, passed the pull-over where the garbage bins are. Couldn't make out what species it was but there was some size in the wave so it got me excited.Plenty of bream cruising that area also. Its one place I hope to fish sometime from the yak

cheers

Sails

Chopper,

can i ask what rig u used to catch those mullet?

traditional bread and small hook rig?

Bread on a size 10 hook rig. I basically used the same set up that I use for blackfish. A sliding float rig with 3 small split shot sinkers and a size 10 hook. So much mullet around at the moment. Boy, do they like to give a good fight.

Went back to my usual spot today for a fish. My spot didn't disappoint. After a slow start, ended up catching 5 bream, 3 mullet and 2 great flatties. The flatties were 52cm & 57cm. Plenty of solid bites after the turn of the tide. Hooked and lost a decent sized fish. Caught the flatties on ganged pilchards.Just as well I was using ganged hooks, the leader was light and would've had no chance against those flattie teeth. Took home the 2 flatties, and 2 mullet which will be great for those Roseville jews.

great catch mate... the flatties im sure will go down well.... the background looks promising for a night time bash?

Hi Glenn,

Good to meet you yesterday. My lures went untouched but it was a nice session right on dusk. Worth persevering with I reckon.

Cheers

It was good to meet you too Humesy. went back to that spot today. About to put up another post. I reckon the lures would be good, particularly dawn or dusk.