Fishing In Hong Kong

zen801

Hi raiders,

Went to Hong Kong for bit of work but mainly shopping.

Saw a lot of people fishing the waterfront and people were catching fish but they were mainly small. Saw about three different types of fish caught.

Surprisingly a lot of bait fish could be seen in the murky jade coloured water.

Fishing is fishing and the people doing it were enjoying themselves and taking in the sites.

Busy place HK and never a dull moment.

Didnt bother buying tackle as to much other cheap stuff.

Cheers

post-2060-1211429649_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1211429683_thumb.jpg

post-2060-1211432083_thumb.jpg

Edited by zenman

they've got monster squid there and bream seems to be the only landbased sportsfish hehe

there are a few charters that do the oil rigs around south china sea. i think queenies seems to be the main target. that what i saw as trophy whilst going through various tackle stores

Yep good fishing in HK means either a pay & play "fishing park" in the new territories (salt & fresh) or a long range charter to the oil rigs. the main targets there are Amberjack & GT's, with queenies for fun. I chatted with a few tackle shop proprietors and they all expressed contempt and utter disgust at the poor management of fisheries there. They're envious of how well our fisheries are managed, regarded as worlds best. One tackle shop owner sent some lads to WA for a Samson jigging session for publication in a popular angling mag.

Most Aussies don't appreciate or respect how good we have it here