Back Doing What I Like To Do

arpie

Hi guys

Just a quickie - am meeting up with Steve & his 6 yr old son in 1hr to try & get young Tom onto some blackies!!

Back doing what I like to do ...... BLACKIE FISHING!!!! The boaties are doing it tough for the blackies, but I found a bunch of them from the shore & was drifting between 2 poles - busted off 2, lost my float 2 (but got it back :) ) & had a bunch of fun! I used up the last of the weed my buddy in Yamba gave me ..... just hope my stored stuff does as well today!

I won the blackie section yesterdaY & got another prize in the spot draws as well!!! Got an environet & shimano brag mat to add to my Shimano Tackle STorage Bag from the other day! Plus discount vouchers to a fishing charter, & stiffy lure & gulps & other smaller stuff!!! Including the inflatable jacket, I reckon I've got over $200 worth of prized .... with Still 2 days to go! :)

The rain finally stopped around lunch time & I immediately headed out! First hit was before the float had even settled & all I got was a single scale on the hook!! I found some blackies over at Tuncurry yesterday afternoon, dropped some good ones & got lots of throwbacks! Got all the fish in the one spot. Must have landed 10 or more - about half were keepers, but only allowed to keep 3 for the comp. All good fun. Forgot to take photos :( as I was busy trying to 'upgrade' all the time, as it is the biggest fish that will win the 'daily fish' prize!

2 metre plus flatties have been landed & some top snapper, as well as the cobia & other smaller species! This will 'go off' next year!!! If you want to have some fun, start asking the boss for a week off!!! Date to be advised!! Probably April!

Cheerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Congratulations on winning the blackie section yesterday Roberta. Excellent! :thumbup:

As for all those prizes you've won, when are you opening the tackle shop?

You're on a roll so keep it going!

Looking forward to hearing how it goes today.

Cheers

Peter

2 metre plus flatties have been landed & some top snapper, as well as the cobia & other smaller species!

When I first read this I thought ... "2 metre flatties" ... amazing! Never heard of that. Then my brain kicked into gear. :1prop:

When I first read this I thought ... "2 metre flatties" ... amazing! Never heard of that. Then my brain kicked into gear. :1prop:

I also had to read it twice,2M Flattie :1yikes:

Well done Roberta,I think we should give you The first "Fishraider of the month award!!"

Hope your success and prize haul continues.

Looking forward to todays post.

Stephen

:1fishing1:

hehehehe I think everyone else has jumped onto the blackie bandwagon now ..... lots more weighed in, overwhelming my modest effort!! Even the Juniors got one 800g!!

Yeah - re-reading my '2 metre plus flatties' was a bit 'double meaning' eh!! Should have been '2 x 1 metre flatties'! Sorry! They really are horses tho! One in particular is really active in the tank, rearing up along the front glass panel regularly!

Beautiful day today, some big clouds out tonight - hopefully they won't drop! I got a 510gm 34cm blackie today & lots of just legals. We got Tom into a 27cm blackie ...... he played it well & reeled it in, pulling it straight out of the water onto the grass!! :) He was chuffed to be able to put a fish into the tank! Steve & his brother in law also got a fish each, but not legal .... hopefully tomorrow!!! I reckon I'll take the yak out & try around the leases!

Caught up with Gdcalmer/Wendy today in her/my yak at Tuncurry - she reckoned it was abit quiet fish wise, but nice on the water!

Last day tomorrow - the comp will be highlighted on his show sometime in the year. Seems it will be going 1hr now, too! Not just 1/2hr! Gotta be good!!

CHeerio

Roberta

Edited by Roberta

Sounds like a day well spent. It's been a long time since I chsed blackfish out but I can hear the love of it in your post and it sure brings back memories of some fantastic times on the water. It's easy to get carried away with all the exciting 'glamour' possibilities like Kings and Tuna and forget that some of the most enjoyable, relaxing and exciting fishing can be literally right at your feet.

Cheers, Slinky