Fishing Gear For A Good Cause

slinkymalinky

Are any of you raiders involved with a charity of some kind that may have a use for some of my spare fishing gear. I'm selling a bit but there are going to be a few rods, reels etc that, while not finding a buyer, are still good enough quality for someone to get some enjoyment from them.

I'm thinking along the lines of Camp Quality, Ronald McDonald house or similar where they'd get use out of it for kids or families.

I don't want any replies from fishos looking for freebies for themselves but I'd like to give the gear to a good home.

Cheers, Slinky

Are any of you raiders involved with a charity of some kind that may have a use for some of my spare fishing gear. I'm selling a bit but there are going to be a few rods, reels etc that, while not finding a buyer, are still good enough quality for someone to get some enjoyment from them.

I'm thinking along the lines of Camp Quality, Ronald McDonald house or similar where they'd get use out of it for kids or families.

I don't want any replies from fishos looking for freebies for themselves but I'd like to give the gear to a good home.

Cheers, Slinky

:1clap::1clap::1clap::1clap:

Great idea, possibly scouts also may have a use.

Tony I think the Far West Children's Home would welcome fishing gear for the outback kids and they are a pretty good cause. They have excursions to Sydney and all sorts of outings for underpriviledged youngsters who have never seen the coast before.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Good on you Slinky! A terrific idea I hope others will follow! Matter of fact, I have the odd beach rod that I could also contribute! There is a Ronald McDonald house here at Forster right on the Marina, near the Main Beach - don't know if they have fishing gear for their occupants.

Chris Maconachie is the manager of Forster Beach Caravan Park (and also a top fisho himself ....) he would probably be able to look after the gear till visitors arrive ..... maybe give him a call - say I put you onto him!

CHRIS MACONACHIE: Phone: (02) 6555 2309 Fax: (02) 6555 2549

He has been involved previously I believe in the Ride for Sick Kids

http://rideforsickkids.org/index.php?s=forster

Well done mate - heart of gold!

Cheerio

Roberta