Nanaguai As Livies

This is as bad as Jewgaffer telling everyone to use whiting for jew bait. There needs to be a balance between great table fish and great sports fish.

Keep the nannys for dinner and find a crap tasting one for bait.

Dave

I remember reading several articles in magazines and books years ago stating people had caught YFT on nannies.......curious to see if any raiders have had luck on them.....i love the taste of a sweet naniguai....would'nt find me using one as bait.

Guest Big-Banana

Hard to find??? There's tonnes of them in 100m.

Sweep are my favourite livey for big kings ;)

Use the nannygai as livies, and if no takes, then you take the livie (which becomes a deady) home for dinner.

I agree all though i have not yet live baited nannie's for yft but hoping to try it one day soon to find out if we do hopefully get a big fin on it cause apparantly they are a gun bait just for big fin keeping the smaller fin away and only the big one's will eat them, I am not sure how they would go off Sydney and that is not to say that they would not work or produce big fin, i do know how ever they work down south at Bermi so i do not see why they would not work, as a matter of fact i am going to try it hear off Sydney, who know's what could happen. not that i would not eat or try one, but i would much prefer to live bait them then eat them, that's me.

Edited by Scon

I agree all though i have not yet live baited nannie's for yft but hoping to try it one day soon to find out if we do hopefully get a big fin on it cause apparantly they are a gun bait just for big fin keeping the smaller fin away and only the big one's will eat them, I am not sure how they would go off Sydney and that is not to say that they would not work or produce big fin, i do know how ever they work down south at Bermi so i do not see why they would not work, as a matter of fact i am going to try it hear off Sydney, who know's what could happen. not that i would not eat or try one, but i would much prefer to live bait them then eat them, that's me.

With the amount of leather jacket that seem to be prevalent out side at present

it may not be a bad idea to send one of those out sporting a hook

instead.. at the end of the marlin season just gone i witnessed a marlin

that spewed out bulk leatheries that he obviuosly had just been having lunch on

has anybody resorted to leatheries at all and had any success....?????????

Cheers Warnie....

With the amount of leather jacket that seem to be prevalent out side at present

it may not be a bad idea to send one of those out sporting a hook

instead.. at the end of the marlin season just gone i witnessed a marlin

that spewed out bulk leatheries that he obviuosly had just been having lunch on

has anybody resorted to leatheries at all and had any success....?????????

Cheers Warnie....

Judging by the lack of reponse to the question.............im guessing were all sticking to the good old slimey...

Cheers Warnie...