Jeweeee 3/4

pacemode

Just got home after another succesful mission.

Got to spot X at 3pm to sit down and wait for the top of the tide which was at 5.30PM.

Threw out some slabs of yellowtail just in case the jew would feed early. Did not

eventuate as there was too much boat traffic on the water. In the meantime I was

thawing out 12 month old squid that was in my freezer. D time was approaching - which

is at least 1 hour before the top of the tide. Put squid on my rods and sat back chatting

to old man Nick (pro bream fisho with BIG sinkers and 50 Y/OLD solid glass rods). At

5.00 PM the rod bends and screams. Jumped over the rocks let it run then sat the hooks

in. Noticed at the same time that the SE winds dropped around the same time. After a short

fight I landed this nice jew - don know how much it weighed as old man Nick claimed the

prize to eat tonight. Estimated it at around 7-8 kg.

I am happy as that is 3 good sized fish out of 4 trips in 1 month. Total fishing time at

spot X this month is 5 hours. Good ratios.

post-2424-1212225156_thumb.jpg

Just got home after another succesful mission.

Got to spot X at 3pm to sit down and wait for the top of the tide which was at 5.30PM.

Threw out some slabs of yellowtail just in case the jew would feed early. Did not

eventuate as there was too much boat traffic on the water. In the meantime I was

thawing out 12 month old squid that was in my freezer. D time was approaching - which

is at least 1 hour before the top of the tide. Put squid on my rods and sat back chatting

to old man Nick (pro bream fisho with BIG sinkers and 50 Y/OLD solid glass rods). At

5.00 PM the rod bends and screams. Jumped over the rocks let it run then sat the hooks

in. Noticed at the same time that the SE winds dropped around the same time. After a short

fight I landed this nice jew - don know how much it weighed as old man Nick claimed the

prize to eat tonight. Estimated it at around 7-8 kg.

I am happy as that is 3 good sized fish out of 4 trips in 1 month. Total fishing time at

spot X this month is 5 hours. Good ratios.

post-2424-1212225156_thumb.jpg

well done Pacemode..........

what can I say..... you are the Jewie King on this website. Your knowledge and timing on when to target these beauties shows that you have done your homework.

Congratulations you deserve it.

Twin1

Marcel :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Well done Jim,the mulloway will be shitting themselves every time you go anywhere near the Harbour :1yikes:

Cheers Stewy

Another good jew result Pacemode !! :thumbup: It sure paid off off using the big squid. Just like offering a chocolate instead of a jelly bean :D

Looks like the schools may have come in and gone up river. There have been good bream caught off Milson Island. The autumn jew come in when the larger bream come in.

Well done Pacemode. I'll bet your Dad knows what it's all about.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

3 jew in 5 hrs. That makes me feel :1badmood: with envy. Well done, you obviously know your stuff. You should try off the beach though. I reckon it's pretty tough. My score is 138hrs for nil jew and that's propper, good fishing time hrs.

Great stuff Jim. :thumbup:

You've got your finger on the pulse at the moment. Confidence is a wonderful thing.

Terrific to see you getting out with your family as well. Fishing with your son some weeks & your dad the next.

3 generations of Jewie fisherman. Awesome!!!!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Well done again.

Cheers,

Grant.

3 jew in 5 hrs. That makes me feel :1badmood: with envy. Well done, you obviously know your stuff. You should try off the beach though. I reckon it's pretty tough. My score is 138hrs for nil jew and that's propper, good fishing time hrs.

Nats

I fished the beach last year and would fish for about 2-3 hours. Would always get a fish but never a big one (jew). I found it hard at the beginning then I began to read the beach. Gutters were not enough for me. I would take heaps of burley with me and find close holes or gutters with a nice bump in the water. Flat sees never produced especially when the westerlies blew. I would also look for turbulance in the water. Suddy water was always a good sign. I would also look at the direction of the water. I found that jew sit or move on the side of the hole where the water first spills into it. I have fished beside someone in a hole and he got nothing and I was hooking up because I was in the right spot where the current direction was on my side.

Which beach do you fish at. I found the North Entrance beach to be excellent. I have a friend who fishes northern beaches and he does very well also. I found that if my bait did not last long in the water than I was right on the money - if my bait was not touched I would move on to find where the bream and tailor were. Only problem was I would hook onto sharks first - then the jew would come. Hope that helps - I am not a pro on the beach as I don't favour the sand much getting into my gear but I have spoken to some real expert beach fishermen who always produce vey big fish. - Bait tips - live mullet - big strips of squid.

PS guys - thats not my dad - my dad would not know how to fish if it would have to save his life. I have spent many years fishing and learning on my own. I am stubborn and persevere and this has paid out. I have chased jew for 15 years now. I am not that good at other species as I don't target anything else. I would however love to learn how to catch whiting locally in numbers!