Ross And Judy Hunter Go Fishing On A Sailing Boat

Ross Hunter

ROSS AND JUDY GOES SAILING ON HOOKS

Jimmy Buffett wrote some great lyrics to one of my favourite songs

It’s those changes in latitudes ….Changes in Attitudes

Nothin’ remains……. all the same

With all of my cunnin’ and all of my runnin’

If we couldn’t laugh … then we would go insane

We have had three of the nicest weeks sailing with friends Jan and Brian Hooker on the Capricorn coast. Lazy days in perfect weather seeing places and changing latitudes on a daily basis We caught Spanish macks , caught beach worms on a lonely beach , caught bi muddies at Yellow Patch and had a wonderful time sailing these beautiful waters.

Other years we have sailed from Whitsunday’s to Townsville and then the next year Hinchinbrook Palm Island. Orpheus Dunk and Polaris Islands.

Whilst all these places are magnificent it was the Capricorn run that we really did enjoy.

Whilst we are all used to Stink boats and getting places fairly quickly with big outboard motors of throbbing diesels, it some how is nice to set a genoa and mainsail, sit back, no noise, good conversation and sail away with the knowledge that at the end of the day another unseen destination awaits.

We left from Bundaberg, visited Lady Musgrave Island, 1770, Pancake Creek, aeroplane Beach,Bustard Head, Yellow Patch( three days and loaded up with big muddies), Hummocky Island and Keppel Island and then to Rosslyn Bay where the rain started. We caught Spanish mackerel and eat mud crabs regularly ……What a wonderful experience to be able to appreciate this beautiful country we live in from the ocean. Having enjoyed the breathtaking scenery from this part of OZ, it really makes me realise how lucky we are to be afforded the privilege in living in this magnificent country.

It was a wonderful experience that Judy and I will remember for ever.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

post-2782-1212536301_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536330_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536366_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536398_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536431_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536468_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536497_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536545_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536576_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536597_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536631_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536664_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536687_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536736_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212536519_thumb.jpg

WOW indeed. Wish i could get out of this Sydney winter and into a bit of that action.

Although that report made me jealous, it was worth it :biggrin2:

I'll have to settle for 5 days in Townsville coming up in August. Hopefully a few spaniards or schoolies up there too.

Nice one Ross!

Jake

Ross you sure are doing it tough.

Coming back to Sydney's always tough after that...

Time to get Broady cleaned and fired up for the fin and snapper. I don't think you are going to get too much time to fish for blackfish mate this season.

Cheers

Mitch

Sounds like a great trip Ross and the photos are fantastic. I bet you just cant wait to get back to work after that :biggrin2:

Nothing sets the mood for fishing and a great day than flicking on the CD player whilst leisurely trolling along on a bright sunny day to hear one of my favourite Jimmy Buffet songs "Son of a son of a sailor"

The opening lyrics set the mood.

As the son of a son of a sailor

I went out on the sea for adventure

Expanding the view of the captain and crew

Like a man just released from indenture

If you are a serious fisherman, you just HAVE to have Jimmy Buffet 'A Pirates Treasure' on board. :thumbup:

changa

ps. I think that inadvertantly it was your doing Ross that led me to Jimmy Buffet many years ago.

There is a story in that :1prop:

Thanks Ross that just made me homesick

We used to spend a lot of time at 1770 camp at Yellowpatch and sail up to Great Keppel for weekends aswell as spent time out at Masthead Island and other Bunker group islands I grew up in Gladstone my father still lives there

Great pics as well

Sensational pics and awesome water shots there Ross :yahoo: I talked with Ross a few times while he was away on his trip and he just sounded so relaxed as he spoke with me .Once I thought he actually went to sleep on the phone :074: he was so relaxed and its great to see you and Judy getting some well earned R&R you both bloody well deserve it!!!

Great to have you back home mate and I cant wait for the next trip niggering so you can tell me all about your exploits and escapades.

Cheers Stewy

Sounds like a great trip Ross and the photos are fantastic. I bet you just cant wait to get back to work after that :biggrin2:

Nothing sets the mood for fishing and a great day than flicking on the CD player whilst leisurely trolling along on a bright sunny day to hear one of my favourite Jimmy Buffet songs "Son of a son of a sailor"

The opening lyrics set the mood.

As the son of a son of a sailor

I went out on the sea for adventure

Expanding the view of the captain and crew

Like a man just released from indenture

If you are a serious fisherman, you just HAVE to have Jimmy Buffet 'A Pirates Treasure' on board. :thumbup:

changa

ps. I think that inadvertantly it was your doing Ross that led me to Jimmy Buffet many years ago.

There is a story in that :1prop:

Changa,

I think I have every Buffett song ever made I love to play and sing them myself... My favourite is "A pirate looks at 40"

Mother Mother Ocean ..............I have seen it all

Wanted to sail upon your waters... since I was 3 feet tall

Youv'e seen it all........Youv'e seen it all

Watched the men who rode you...switch from sail to steam

And in your belly ..you hold the treasures to most of my dreams.... most of 'em dreams

Yes I am a pirate 200 years to late... the cannons don't thunder... there's nothin to plunder

I'm an over 40 victim of fate arrivin' .........too late............ arriving too late.

or alternatively

The last verse from a song on my album Northern Waters

The Song is Northern waters

Gonna sail north ...to the higher latitudes

Just me and my marlin mania and my tropical attitudes

We'll' be just like hungry pirates.... seaching for gold

Follow the sun and never grow old

Now that summers gone and I dream

Of Northern Waters.. summer dreams and seasons gone by

How good is that Ross?? Everyone is envious of your lovely relaxing holiday with buddies .... and all that seafood! Love the mackerel!

I thought I was the only one that remembered Jimmy Buffet!! A good old movie from the 70's was 'FM' - I am pretty sure Jimmy was one of the live acts on the film. Great sound track if you ever see it in a junk shop! I think I wore out the tape I had of it!

The blackies are coming on here now - got 5 today & I wasn't even trying hard!! :) Bet they are firing at Dunbogan! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

How good is that Ross?? Everyone is envious of your lovely relaxing holiday with buddies .... and all that seafood! Love the mackerel!

I thought I was the only one that remembered Jimmy Buffet!! A good old movie from the 70's was 'FM' - I am pretty sure Jimmy was one of the live acts on the film. Great sound track if you ever see it in a junk shop! I think I wore out the tape I had of it!

The blackies are coming on here now - got 5 today & I wasn't even trying hard!! :) Bet they are firing at Dunbogan! :)

Cheerio

Roberta

Roberta,

Thanks for your report Yes! we did have agreat time on our sailing adventure.My good friend and blackfishing mate Norm Jefferys has been bagging out on blackfish in the Georges,whilst I've been away as has Glenn on big yellowfin( see report in Gamefishing section of this site), but I guess I can't do everything They'll still be there next week hopefully.I reckon the lads would be on them at Dunbogan.

Good to hear you catching them at Forster.....Jimmy Buffett is great You see I am a parrot head :thumbup:

Roscoe

Changa,

I think I have every Buffett song ever made I love to play and sing them myself... My favourite is "A pirate looks at 40"

Mother Mother Ocean ..............I have seen it all

Wanted to sail upon your waters... since I was 3 feet tall

Youv'e seen it all........Youv'e seen it all

Watched the men who rode you...switch from sail to steam

And in your belly ..you hold the treasures to most of my dreams.... most of 'em dreams

Yes I am a pirate 200 years to late... the cannons don't thunder... there's nothin to plunder

I'm an over 40 victim of fate arrivin' .........too late............ arriving too late.

or alternatively

The last verse from a song on my album Northern Waters

The Song is Northern waters

Gonna sail north ...to the higher latitudes

Just me and my marlin mania and my tropical attitudes

We'll' be just like hungry pirates.... seaching for gold

Follow the sun and never grow old

Now that summers gone and I dream

Of Northern Waters.. summer dreams and seasons gone by

Roscoe,

i just had to go and find that song. What a ripper !!!

Now added to my Buffet collection :thumbup:

I like your northern waters lyrics.

Did you write them?

changa

Roscoe,

i just had to go and find that song. What a ripper !!!

Now added to my Buffet collection :thumbup:

I like your northern waters lyrics.

Did you write them?

changa

Changa,

Yes! I did write the lyrics and the song. You can visit our web site www.gamefishingcharters.com.au Visit Roscoes Music section for a preview of both my albums Northern Waters and Bluewater Country They have proven a most popular cd on fishing boats.

Edited by Ross Hunter

Damn!!!!!!! :1yikes:

You got some great songs there mate :thumbup:

Checked out the previews. You are one talented man Roscoe. I gonna have to get me another couple CD's by the look of things to play on them lazy days :1prop:

changa

ps. For those that have not heard them, jump on the site and have a listen. A must have for all fishing boats.