Billfisher Yellowfin Everywhere

Ross Hunter

post-2782-1212539394_thumb.jpgYELLOWFIN TUNA FRENZY OFF SYDNEY

CAPTAIN GLENN HUNTER CATCHES HEAPS ON BILLFISHER

Whilst I have been having a holiday Captain Glenn Hunter on his boat Billfisher has been catching amazing catches of big yellowfin, whilst Judy and myself have been on holidays sailing the Capricorn Coast.

Glenn has worked extremely hard for his crews , often not getting in until 8.30 pm but the results have been there every trip from this dedicated skipper making me very proud of his dedication to the cause.

He has fished 12 days in a row and caught tuna every trip, the fish have ranged from 20 to 58kg

Local Cronulla anglers Dwayne Ellis’s group caught big fish as did Sydney surgeon and Fishraider Dr Mark Joseph. Mark excelled by catching a 45kg yellowfin on fly gear and that’s not easy when they are big powerful fish that fight to the last..On this day Mitch and Swordfisherman followed Glenn to the grounds in their 18 footer and also loaded up on big fin…Stewy reckoned it was “Extreme Fishing” and has been visiting a chiriopractor ever since. Come on Swordy there’s blackfish to catch soon.

Entertainment Book Creater..Ben Johnson, scored big fish each trip up to 50kg….creator

Peakhurst’s Mark Stirton’s (Fishraiders) crew caught big fish as did retail store and Fishraider “Bing Lee’s” Greg Lee .

Greg is a most experienced angler who loved the wild action catching 9 tuna in two trips, 7 of those fish were released

Glenn has caught over 60 yellowfin for his anglers over the past two weeks.

(quite a few have been released, we never encourage overkill on our boats)

A great effort by this most professional skipper, making me a very proud Dad.

On many occasions he has been fishing at 6.30pm at night but that’s when they’ve been coming on the bite………………….. That’s why he has caught more tuna than others.

I can see this run of tuna lasting for a while and whilst we will be land based for a few days with some wild weather, the fish will still be there for the long weekend and beyond

For more details and a more detailed report visit our web site www.gamefishingcharters.com.au Go into Fishing Reports soon

For any Raiders who would like to have a crack at these magnificent tuna Ring 95342378 to book

post-2782-1212538579_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538605_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538623_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538643_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538667_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538688_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538688_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538719_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538744_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538772_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538795_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538832_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538854_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538883_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538912_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538937_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212538976_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212539012_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212539060_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212539097_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212539135_thumb.jpg

post-2782-1212539175_thumb.jpg

Congrats Glen and Emu on a great start to the tuna season!

One of the harder working crews I have ever had the pleasure to fish with.

Last Sunday I recon we were the last boat out there before this weather hit. We left them going nuts!

We caught some wonderful fish and Glen is a great shot with the gaff!

Nothing beats the feeling of line running threw the fingers just before you increase the drag for a solid hook set!

I'm finally starting to come good again and ready to get back out and battle them again. Mr massage loves me going tuna fishing!

Next trip # 16th of this month and then bring on the Raider day!

I must take my hat off to Captain Glenn Hunter ,skipper of Billfisher :yahoo: Glenn allowed Mitch ,Gofish Pete and myself to follow him and his crew (which included Fishraiders ) to his spot X last friday to savour the Yellowfin action for ourselves in Bobans 6 mt Cruisecraft.

This was such a generous gesture as we had no idea of where to fish at all and he put us straight on top of Big Fin straight away.

We felt safe and comfortable sitting less than a kilometer away and within easy eye sight of his magnificient 40 foot cairns customcraft.

He kept in constant radio contact with us all day and would have shielded us if things turned a little bit nasty so far offshore and that made our day so much more enjoyable.

You just cant get anything better than that.

We left the wide mark at around 4.45 and powered home on a smooth sea ta 32knots and Glenn and his crew fished on into the dark to record some memorable captures including Mark's awesome Fin on fly gear.

I will never ever forget your generosity on this particular day Glenn and cant wait to get out again with you on our Fishraider Tuna trip on the 22nd of June.

I know one thing it will be great not to have to gaff any of them and it was great to see Emu again after our last trip up at Port Stephens with his never ending ,beaming smile he always has.

Regards Stewy

Fantastic pics Ross, and well done Glenn and all the anglers involved :)

I hope this weather blows over so we can get onto some with Glenn on Saturday :unsure:

Robbie.

Thanks Raiders

It does make me very proud to be able to post photos of fish caught on my best mates boat.

Glenn has lived in my shadow for a long time. I guess that's what happens when his old man has been around boat building and fishing most of his life.

He has the advantage of youth and enthusiasm and it gives me enormous joy to see him do so well. He is a most respected Skipper who goes about his trade with great dedication without a lot of fuss, getting the job done in a most professional manner.

Proud.............bloody oath.

Thanks Raiders

It does make me very proud to be able to post photos of fish caught on my best mates boat.

Glenn has lived in my shadow for a long time. I guess that's what happens when his old man has been around boat building and fishing most of his life.

He has the advantage of youth and enthusiasm and it gives me enormous joy to see him do so well. He is a most respected Skipper who goes about his trade with great dedication without a lot of fuss, getting the job done in a most professional manner.

Proud.............bloody oath.

As we all know, he's obviously had a very good teacher, and to his credit, he listened, learned and put his knowledge into practice. A great effort !!!!!!!! ......... great stuff!

dale

Guest jayse76

I couldnt agree more, with everyone!

I was lucky enough to join Greg, Pat an Bic along with Emu and Glenn on Monday. Glenn and Emu are both legends. It honestly was the most enjoyable fishing day I have ever had. I also landed my first ever big fin so it added to the great day.

Cheers

I couldnt agree more, with everyone!

I was lucky enough to join Greg, Pat an Bic along with Emu and Glenn on Monday. Glenn and Emu are both legends. It honestly was the most enjoyable fishing day I have ever had. I also landed my first ever big fin so it added to the great day.

Cheers

Mate it was nice to meet you and share a boat with you for the day.

Post up some of the pix, I didn't get to see any of yours. I sorta crashed and burned on the trip back after the 3hrs of being hooked up on threadline tackle with no harness and crazy drags! :blush:

Cheers

Greg