Boat Name Change

Methodman

Whats everyone's thoughts on changing the name of a boat?

Bad luck or not?

Eg: If you purchused BILLFISHER.. whould you dare change the name to something you thought was better???

What are the miths???

nath

I have changed names before, not sure of any myths.

Other mates have sold boats and not allowed the name to be transferred, as I guess it would be with Billfisher also.

Whats everyone's thoughts on changing the name of a boat?

Bad luck or not?

Eg: If you purchused BILLFISHER.. whould you dare change the name to something you thought was better???

What are the miths???

nath

Nath..

Thats quite a curved ball youv'e thrown....when i have ever sold a boat i have allways tried to take the name

with me to the new boat...ie the boat i am selling i would have it so no boat name was attached to it...

however this did not go to plan though when i purchased a boat for sale a bit quicker than planned and the previous owner

wanted to retain his name but had not been able to remove it quick enough so before we settled on the deal we scrubbed the H off.... so i then bought it with the name "ungry "enabling him to retain

the name "hungry" for his new boat getting built this was taken one step further when a purchase of another boat by him

led to the name of 2 hungry....as we are in the same club and fished the same tournies together we have

caused many a radio operator to pull there hair out calling the sched's...... let me tell you...

the myth being..... is we feel it bad karma to change the name of a boat that allready has a name attached

to it after you purchase it so therefore change it before you phurchase it

which i did and have retained that name ever since...

okay was that confusing enough..?????. :1prop::1prop:

Cheers Warnie

Changa... So if i call my boat "Beakie", I too can get out of bed at 11am and be hooked up by 11.30am then cleaned, showered and on the piss by 1pm? Thats not a good days fishing!!! hahaha.

WarnSTAR.. yeah i always wondered why it was called Ungry. Now i know. hahaha.

My dad and me are buying the boat ive fished on for the last few seasons. The name is BIGBIRD. The guy that built/owned it called it Bigbird. Now my mum isnt keen on the name hahaha, im trying to convince them to keep the name as it is pretty well known down south. And it has been a fish magnett for us. Id hate to change the name.

Nath

There is a lot of truth in the old myth of having bad luck after changing a boat name. They say it upsets the ghosts of missing sailors and the gods of the deep. Old seafarers say there is an old chant needed to be said to bring good luck in the future.

The chant goes like this "Oh all and sundry and the gods of the deep I ask your protection and show my respect to the sea god Owatagou Siam. Hear ye all hear ye Owatagou Siam hear ye Owatagou Siam"

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

rubbish....i beleive u make ur own luck....bob

Bob...

would love to agree with you.......about making your own luck

but!!!!!!!!!!! ..........would hate to run fowl with the gods of the deep.....

so just incase..... next time a storm is brewing and your thinking of making a dash for home...

DITCH THE BANANNAS OVERBOARD FIRST BEFORE DOING SO.....................

Warnie...