Berowra Waters Jew (monday 9th June)

mmarkich

went fishing in berowra waters yesterday expecting the worst as it was raining when i got to the ramp and i was expecting no fish because of all the rain that we have had. to my supprise i hooked onto a nice jewy at the turn of low tide. After doing some rod juggling around the anchor ropes and haveing a gaff that was to short for a solo trip and my landing net getting tangled in my other rod i finally landed it. it weighed 18lb and was 102cm long. i also landed a couple of average flattys, so the fishing turned out good and the weather turned out absolutely perfect, best fishing day in a long while.

post-5094-1213052836_thumb.jpg

went fishing in berowra waters yesterday expecting the worst as it was raining when i got to the ramp and i was expecting no fish because of all the rain that we have had. to my supprise i hooked onto a nice jewy at the turn of low tide. i finally landed it. it weighed 18lb and was 102cm long. and the weather turned out absolutely perfect, best fishing day in a long while.

Well done on the approx 8 kilo jewfish 10footUFO :thumbup: It looks like the 7-8 kilo size schools have finally come in. When the breeding size jew come in to the river, the ferry area and the mouth of Berowra have always produced good school size jewfish, usually starting to school up from around early March but the schools are late this year according to results from fishermen who fish up there every other day.

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

well done mate :thumbup:

makes a difference with the self caught squid doesnt it..

have you been getting many squid lately...

cheers...steve......

i have only been squiding once in the last month at the spit and got 1 but two weeks prior to that i got 3 and lost a couple at palm beach wharf but im hopefully going this week to palm and im trying to con the missus into taking it up

Guest GoFish Pete

Nice fish 10footUFO

Thats the one fish that still I can't seem to catch , well one with some size to it.

By the way thats a nice jumper you are wearing :biggrin2:

Good to see our customers getting onto the fish.

Cheers

GoFish Pete