Soft Plastic Addict

Ray R

Just finished work for the day and whilst chugging on a Cascade I wondered about all the SP's I've got , so I counted them all and I have 28 varieties of Berkley, Squidgy, Storm and Atomic, and about 50 different kinds off jig heads. I'm wondering what other Raiders have, might be interesting to see..

I mix it up a bit, mainly go berkley, a few squidgy, the pro range x factor trigger works really well but its a bit annoying having to put it on every time, also got storms and tsunami's.

Quite like to try the Ultrabite Slams when they are out, i don't think its too far away now.

Josh

I've got about 15 different SPs (Gulps and Powerbaits the majority, some storm, kokoda, and Squidgy's) and bout 15 different size/weight jig heads... mostly Nitro...

I'm thinking 50+ puts you in the complete addict range!

Everyone knows what a tackle ho I am so unsurprisingly I think I have LOTS (I'll count them up and post the number and a photo later)... I think the official estimate would be 'enough to bankrupt a small African nation if they were all put on the market at one time" or thereabouts.

Cheers, Slinky

well lets see;

I have every size and colour of Atomic jerk minnows (3 and 6 inch), every colour 3 1/4" paddletails, every colour 3" fat grubs and every colour 2" grubs.... I also have at least 5 back up packets of 3" jerk minnows in each colour.

I have numerous Gulps and 2", 3"& 4" Power minnows (every colour) plus a variety of hawgs and other various Berkley lures.

I have squidgys comin out of my ears...mostly shads and grubs. Plus i got 30 odd packets of the new Pro range.

Add to this stickbaits from Mojo, Slug-goes, and other lunker city lures.

Plus shitty stuff like firebaits, kokodas, tsunamis and manns, oh yes i forgot to mention Storms as well. I got 100 packs for $3 each???? never used any of them.

I know i forgot some but the reality is ive spent an absolute fortune. I estimate over $20k easy...who knows??? It hurts to think about it really. Especially when it doenst include all HB's and tackle!

Everyone knows what a tackle ho I am so unsurprisingly I think I have LOTS (I'll count them up and post the number and a photo later)... I think the official estimate would be 'enough to bankrupt a small African nation if they were all put on the market at one time" or thereabouts.

Cheers, Slinky

:074::074::074:

can't say it surprises me though...

I've done my counting.... 46 unopened packets of Gulps/Powerbaits (then maybe about a dozen more opened packs) which I estimate is roughly 1/3 of my plastics but a lot of the rest are inaccessible at the moment since all our crud is filling up the garage to keep the house tidy for sale. Houston.... I have a problem!

Cheers, Slinky

post-6175-1213347938_thumb.jpg

I've done my counting.... 46 unopened packets of Gulps/Powerbaits (then maybe about a dozen more opened packs) which I estimate is roughly 1/3 of my plastics but a lot of the rest are inaccessible at the moment since all our crud is filling up the garage to keep the house tidy for sale. Houston.... I have a problem!

Cheers, Slinky

Who's this Houston character Tony? Is Houston in charge of the soft plastics factory as well as the automatic sprinklers at your place? :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Who's this Houston character Tony? Is Houston in charge of the soft plastics factory as well as the automatic sprinklers at your place? :lol:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Jewgaffer

If we were in a competition trying to bombard the moon with soft plastics, Fishraider would be the country taking that "first small step for mankind"

John

mmm 46 packs

In the life of a addicted tournement angler we usually buy plastics in outers. Outers from people like Berkley have 6 packs in each. Plastics like the good old 6" camo worm we were ordering 50 packs at a time! :wacko:

We use to always have stock of near every plastic we threw, our worst comp we went threw 72 packs in 4 days of fishing, I'd hate to run out of a hot color in the middle of a bite.

Biggest lot in one type were the 3" watermelon Hawg when they got discontinued, I think we got the last 260 packs at the time!

At the moment I have 3 storage tubs in the garage full plus 2 shopping baskets full in the boat, Yes I have a problem, few months of bream fishing to go and at least 500 packs to get threw!

Oh well, yakkas on custom Millers and Exists will be fun!

Greg

mmm 46 packs

In the life of a addicted tournement angler we usually buy plastics in outers. Outers from people like Berkley have 6 packs in each. Plastics like the good old 6" camo worm we were ordering 50 packs at a time! :wacko:

We use to always have stock of near every plastic we threw, our worst comp we went threw 72 packs in 4 days of fishing, I'd hate to run out of a hot color in the middle of a bite.

Biggest lot in one type were the 3" watermelon Hawg when they got discontinued, I think we got the last 260 packs at the time!

At the moment I have 3 storage tubs in the garage full plus 2 shopping baskets full in the boat, Yes I have a problem, few months of bream fishing to go and at least 500 packs to get threw!

Greg

Aaaah I was wondering when u were going to enter into this post, I have seen the collection 1st hand and I reckon erring on the side of caution that Greg has a real problem, his collection is massive, at its peak he probably had 800 to 1000 packets of various plastics, and if you think that is incredible, we wont even talk about the hardbodies, crankbaits, blades, poppers, pencils, leader, braid, reels, rods, boats, outboards, nets, hooks, sinkers, swivels, ect, ect, ect, ect, ect, however, Ive never met abloke that loves his fishing the way he does, so good on you mate, keep collecting and most of all enjoy.

mmm 46 packs

Greg

Awesome Greg... you just made my year. Next time :wife: gets cranky with me for having 'too much gear' I'm just going to show her your post. That's truly amazing but if you really love doing something, the $$$ don't matter. Hope you do well in the tournaments so you get sponsorship (if you haven't already) from one of the plastic makers... then you can really cut loose!

Cheers, Slinky