Forum Idea

G'day Swords, admins, mods & raiders

Just thought I'd put forward the idea of a new forum on Squidding. Yes... it sounds pretty narrow but I know there are overseas websites/forums that are on just squidding so it may be a way to get some more members from all over the place.

But since squid catching is such a topic of interest by so many of us whether for bait catching or eating, since there is so much to discuss on the topic (locations, techniques, reports, tackle, etc) and since it's not limited by geography, I thought it might be an idea worth considering. It's probably the #1 thing I get questions PM'd about and asked about.

What do you think all??

Cheers, Slinky

Good idea, Slinky - it is a species that requires specific tackle & attention!

I need to pick everyone's brains on squidding!!! I usually only catch them by accident! Whenever I try with Squid Jigs, they disappear on me!!!

Roberta

Good idea, Slinky - it is a species that requires specific tackle & attention!

I need to pick everyone's brains on squidding!!! I usually only catch them by accident! Whenever I try with Squid Jigs, they disappear on me!!!

Roberta

Hi Roberta,

If you and your iron man or Wendy are in Sydney at any stage, drop me a line and I'll see if I can take you out chasing squiddlies. Since Spring last year I've only had 1 or 2 days when I've missed out on them. I was really lucky and a local gun squidder gave me a few pointers by e-mail, I did a lot of exploring based on his tips, and since then have had a ball catching them with a whole lot more confidence. They're so much fun though that my raider fishing buddy, BrettP and I, often forget to chase 'real' fish.

Cheers, Slinky

Edited by slinkymalinky