Thommos

Hi all,

Has anyone been up to TCD in the last week or so and had any luck?

If so what methods were used.

Thinking about tracking up there on Sat for a day of fun/torture.

Any info would be great.

Cheers

yeah. :1prop:

quiet as guys im hopeing this rain brings them on heading back up in july your better off going to lyell with some power bait at the moment remembering tcd is lure and fly only

let us know how you go

mick

what is a TCD?

Get back to work and earn some money so you can buy that new reel and 5# line for your new rod.

you may need it on Sat

im working. cleaning out the fishing gear and walking round in my new waders, with a beer in hand of course

Edited by nargse1

Yes dear, a friend was up there last week and fished all day for one 35cm rainbow. He got the fish early when the weather was crappy and as the weather improved the fishing went down hill. Bloody lot of hard work if you ask me.

Chris...

Frustrating days a TC,spent tues & wed up there throwing a fly with a couple of RFS members.Tues

plenty of action,rises,fish moving and good hatch.3 rainbows 4-5 lbs and a couple round 42cms between

us,mainly late morning.Wed nothing ,someone turned the switch off!!!!Never saw a rise till pm,nothing

obliged! Fished Lyall this morning on the way home,lot of water had been let out,no activity despite

plenty of variation in the fly box.

STANNO.

We went up to TCD and go there at sun up.

the 3 of us battled the westerly and fished our way around to the quarry and back again.

zip, duck egg and nada was caught :thumbdown:

we saw a couple of blokes on the other side that caught a smally and they made their way around past us and down towards the wall were they pulled out another better fish.

Us there stil nothing.

Highlight of the trip was watching a massive eagle hovering above the water for about 20 mins and then diving down a pulling what looked to be 50+ brown out of the water (smart arse).

then it was off to Lyell (should have gone straight home) another 2 hours of wind and no fish.

A couple of blokes went past in a boat and we asked them how they went, between 4 blokes they had 2 fish all day.

It was then time to hit the highway.

Maybe next time.

Hey Stanno what RFS branch are you mates from?

We went up to TCD and go there at sun up.

the 3 of us battled the westerly and fished our way around to the quarry and back again.

zip, duck egg and nada was caught :thumbdown:

we saw a couple of blokes on the other side that caught a smally and they made their way around past us and down towards the wall were they pulled out another better fish.

Us there stil nothing.

Highlight of the trip was watching a massive eagle hovering above the water for about 20 mins and then diving down a pulling what looked to be 50+ brown out of the water (smart arse).

then it was off to Lyell (should have gone straight home) another 2 hours of wind and no fish.

A couple of blokes went past in a boat and we asked them how they went, between 4 blokes they had 2 fish all day.

It was then time to hit the highway.

Maybe next time.

Hey Stanno what RFS branch are you mates from?

:mad3::mad3: at least the beers were cold at yours when we got back

Edited by nargse1

TC had apparently dropped about 1m in about 3 weeks according to my NWS RFS friend which

would confirm what you thought Mick.Lake Wallace was full to the top! I saw your eagle last wed

which was being mobbed by a couple of magpies,risky to say the least! TC has always been very

hard to predict,fish there one minute and gone the next,not to reappear for a number of days!!!!

Cheers Stanno

hey fishraiders first post on your wonderful website,been readin for a while now and though i would finally join.i was there on saturday too and saw the eagle as well,awsome stuff,been lucky enough to see it a few times now(also at lyell).shame you and the other guys moved on cause the arvo fired up and we stayed till dark,ended up with 6 rainbows.cold and hard work with the wind though.im lucky enough to usually have a fish out there every week and lately the levels have consistently gone down(as soon as it gets water delta suck it back out)but its lookin alot better than when the northeast part of the dam wall was dry.

hey fishraiders first post on your wonderful website,been readin for a while now and though i would finally join.i was there on saturday too and saw the eagle as well,awsome stuff,been lucky enough to see it a few times now(also at lyell).shame you and the other guys moved on cause the arvo fired up and we stayed till dark,ended up with 6 rainbows.cold and hard work with the wind though.im lucky enough to usually have a fish out there every week and lately the levels have consistently gone down(as soon as it gets water delta suck it back out)but its lookin alot better than when the northeast part of the dam wall was dry.

spewing mate. were u the guys sitting down fishing or the two walking around? i one of those three that had the camo ski mask/balaclava on. bloody cold out there.

cheers damo :beersmile:

• 4 weeks later...

all day event last thursday for nothing

walked the whole dam

we saw a large fish half out of the water, had 1 bumb and saw a small fish follow a tassie in

some bloke reckon they got smoked on the wall late in afternoon.

fishhed everything we had.

no rises

saw a few v's taking off from the reeds near the creek entry

If you go let us know the results