Port Hacking Jews

dpinta

I have started fishing Port lately as i am very impressed with the water quality in the system compared to the bay and the harbour and also due to the success we have had of late with some good bream, flathead and whiting.

We are planning on fishing friday arvo/night whilst using friday after lunch to catch live bait for the night collecting nippers, yellowtail/slimies and hopefully a couple of squid for bait.

My question is ( obviously ) without asking for anyones "secret" spots are just a couple of areas to start looking for spot to fish which will not have me wasting my time and put me in with a chance of snaring a jew maybe whilst possibly keeping busy with a few bream.

I realise that sometimes these posts go unanswered but i felt it was worth try and any help would be greatly appretiated.

Search for Jewgaffers posts. He has, unselfishly, put up a couple of very detailed Jewfishing secrets for the Port Hacking.

Hasnt helped me though unfortunately I am still to land a decent Jew in the Hacking. I got one about three years ago fishing livies close to the point near the fisheries and have boated a few in SW Arm and Yowie Bay but they all have been between 40-55cm.

I did drop a nice one near the fisheries a couple of years ago that after completely giving up the fight changed its mind and took me under the anchor rope after almost gettting it into the boat.

Dave