Water Restrictions Eased

stylo

We can finally wash our cars and boats at home, once again.

http://www.sydneywater.com.au/SavingWater/WaterRestrictions/

Water restrictions have eased

Sydney Water residential customers can now wash cars, boats, caravans, trucks, trailers and other vehicles at their home with a hose as long as a trigger nozzle is fitted. Residents may also clean the windows and walls of homes with a hose as long as a trigger nozzle is fitted. There are no other changes to restrictions. The current business exemptions that apply to vehicles remain in place.

Current restrictions are now:

* Hand-held hosing of lawns and gardens and drip irrigation is allowed only on Wednesdays and Sundays before 10 am and after 4 pm

* Hosing of vehicles at residential premises is permitted only with a trigger nozzle or high-pressure water cleaning equipment (to a maximum of 10L/minute)

* Hosing residential building structures including windows, walls and gutters is allowed using a hose with a trigger nozzle or high-pressure water cleaning equipment (to a maximum of 10L/minute)

* No hosing of hard surfaces such as paths or driveways at any time

* No other watering systems or sprinklers are to be used at any time

* A permit from Sydney Water is required to fill new or renovated pools bigger than 10,000 litres

* No hoses or taps to be left running unattended, except when filling pools or containers

Recycled water, bore water and water used for testing fire systems, fire fighting and related activities are excluded from restrictions.

A fine of $220 applies for all breaches of restrictions by individuals. Corporations face a fine of $550 for each breach. The fine for water theft is $2,200.

The following permitted at any time:

* use a hose with a trigger nozzle to clean cars, boats, boat engines, caravans and houses

* water your garden using a watering can or bucket at any time

* top up an existing a pool

* fill a pool less than 10,000 litres capacity

* use water from a rainwater tank, as long as it is not topped up from Sydney Water’s supply.

Find out more about future changes to restrictions

The NSW Government has announced that in the future there will be changes to introduce long-term water saving rules.

Level 3 mandatory water restrictions continue to apply until further notice to all Sydney Water customers including residents, businesses, local councils and government agencies.

I just spoke to Sydney Water and a trigger nozzle is a gun style nozzle and not your simple twisting style nozzle.

That's interesting about the water restrictions Stylo. I think we have all got well and truly used to going easy on our use of water these days in order to play our part as good citizens and conserve water as much as possible.

However with the price of using water these days and paying for the amount used, perhaps when the rains come, we might see a lot of unsold water flowing down the valleys and onto the highways and not too many takers for large amounts of over supply even if it's offered on special. :wacko:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

Whether or not we saved water by washing cars/boats using buckets is debatable.

However, I have a feeling that the intention of the rule was to discourage people from washing their cars/boats by making it an inconvenience.

We can finally wash our cars and boats at home, once again.

The following permitted at any time:

* use water from a rainwater tank, as long as it is not topped up from Sydney Water’s supply.

After L4 restrictions were introduced on the Central Coast you couldnt even flush your motor without breaking the law, so bought and installed a water tank (wasn't too hard as the :wife: works for a manufacturer). Funnily installation was delayed for 2 weeks due to rain !

Now no problems washing, though I am more water wise now. The tank has had so much water go through it since I installed it I reckon I could have filled Warragamba from my roof alone (no diversion valve/fitting).

If you can, get a tank, not too hard to install. With the rain we have had lately across the east coast, a number of manufacturers are having good sales to move stock. Might have to think about getting a big one and set it up with trout/bass for bad weather :1prop: or fishraider competition :1fishing1: lol.

Steve