Patonga Creek Again

Ray R

Hi Raiders, well what a failure, went down to Patonga creek again yesterday, it was high tide so I couldn't walk along the sandy shoreline, had to take the high route, well I had to get down to the edge eventually so I picked a spot to cut through the under growth to get to the creek, this was fine but I had to cross a small sandy weedy muddy gully, pulled my shorts up and started to wade ,well the muddy bit was a little deeper than what it looked so I took a large step towards the shallower sand , the mud suctioned my foot I fell sideways into deeper water and got soaked right up to the family jewels. So after this happens I have a sodden wallet and phone and my camera is a little bit damp, so I hang it up in a nearby tree. Okay now I'm ready to fish, had about 48,000 casts using 3 different power baits and all I got was a little 30cm flattie. Things were starting to freeze up a bit now so I headed back, the tide had receeded and it was a better trip back. Get to my car put my rod away and my fishing bag in the boot, no camera , it's hanging in the tree drying out, run back along the edge got wet again gather my camera, back to the car and then home.

A hot shower to thaw the jewels out, dry everything in my wallet and one very sodden phone (dosen't work), and the camera is okay, all this for one 30cm flattie. Anyway hope you enjoy the read on my misadventure on Tuesday arvo.

Sounds typical of my standard fishing expedition.

If it was as easy and serene as your last trip, it would not be fishing, nor an adventure.

Congratulations on posting both the good and the bad.

All we need now is the ugly :tease:

Congratulations on posting both the good and the bad.

After the good session it's the bad and the ugly alright, getting freezing cold, soaking wet and ruining a phone.

Look at today Ray. Boy oh boy what a difference a day makes !!

Next time mate, don't worry about that :thumbup:

Cheers

jewgaffer :1fishing1:

And apparently we do this 'fishing' thing for fun, Ray! :074::074:

Mate, I was feelin' for you. A hell of a lot of heartache for a little flatty, but at the end of the day, the camera still works ... and you probably wanted to upgrade your phone anyway, eh? :whistling:

Looking forward to a post soon entitled "Patonga Bonanza!" :biggrinthumb:

Hodgey