Went For A Jew And Instead Got,,,,,,,,

Piss'n'Broke

Hey all

been very slack lately, and after much debate myself and greg headed out late last week for a early morning jewie or 2 :biggrin2: . Picked up 5 squid in quick succession then got a dozen yakkas, and headed into the main harbour to our predetermined spot.

First baits went down at a touch after 7am on the turning tide,,,,, nothing for over a hour till 8.46 when gregs rod went howling, followed closely by the other 3 rods we had out. Lost 3 of these fish, landed the fourth! Bloody kingy :1yikes: . The bite was hot like this till almost slack tide. We lost more than a few rigs to leatherjackets and a few yakkas to choppers, but final tally for the day was 22 hookups, with 11 or 12 kinggys landed. All were legal 70cm+. I will post a few pics up this weekend.

At one point i hook a salmon of approximately 40cm and he had several much bigger kingys crawling over him!!! Needless to say i hauled him in quick as he was only on my 15LB outfit.

Great day only prob! NOT ONE JEW Grrrrrrr.

Dan

wow, long time between posts dan!!!

And i would pay for your problem! Im really getting sick of going out fishing for kings and then have 30 friggin jews climbing all over my hard earned baits! :1prop:

Edited by dicko

wow, long time between posts dan!!!

And i would pay for your problem! Im really getting sick of going out fishing for kings and then have 30 friggin jews climbing all over my hard earned baits! :1prop:

Hey dicko hows it going mate??>? :biggrin2:

Yeah it always seems to be a issue for us lol, we target jews in winter, yet we get the kingys all year round :biggrin2:

No, I thought about bridling up the salmon and sending him back down, but even on my heaviest 15-24kg outfit, I was a touch worried if it went howling, i might not have the power to stop it.

Dan

Edited by Dan and Greg

Great report Dan, sound's like a top session. :thumbup:

You and Greg are blessed to be able to get out mid week, can't seem to swing any mid week time off atm. :mad3::mad3:

Dan you keen for sat? Will call you later.

Kiwi Dan, I just ended up with just the one (75cm), I gave it another hour after you left. I ended up giving my livies to Laurie, don't know how he went.

I will be out sat if your around see you then. :biggrin2:

Cheer's Rod.