Workshop Night With The Recreational Fisheries Officers

The evening was terrific. We say a huge thank you :thumbup: to the guys from fisheries for coming to present to fishraiders. We will have some articles and further info on these topics on the forum very soon.

Phil Bolton and Adam Welfare from the DPI Fisheries Management presented to us on

Improved Catch and Release techniques and the benefits of Circle hooks.

post-869-1215732936_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733169_thumb.jpg

We were amazed to discover the types of fish able to be caught on circle hooks and the many different sizes available - down to a number 14 :1yikes:

post-869-1215732992_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215732972_thumb.jpg

We were shown a selection of environets (and not so enviro friendly nets) and the correct way to net and release a fish. Techniques were discussed regarding practises to maximise fish survival

post-869-1215733037_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733083_thumb.jpg

Everyone was handed a waterproof pack containing a handbook on Improved Catch and Release Techniques, leaflet on Benefits of Circle Hooks, Shimano pointy nose pliers, white rubber backed gloves for easy handling of spiky fish, measuring strip, 2 packets of Mustad Demon circle hooks size 4's and 1/0's

post-869-1215733098_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733021_thumb.jpg

post-256-1215733859_thumb.jpg

Here are some interesting stats from the DPI website CLICK HERE

post-869-1215732957_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733004_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733147_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733114_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733129_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733204_thumb.jpg

post-869-1215733188_thumb.jpg

I agree. Last night was great. A terrific presentation with lots useful information.

It was also good to get to meet everyone. Can't wait for the next one. :thumbup::thumbup:

It was great to meet you as well Bruce and we are glad you got as much out of this informative night as we did.

Cheers Stewy

Top night...!! really enjoyed it...! i went and bought some circle hooks today :1prop: Mutu size 8/0!

Thanks to Phil and Adam for the presentation...! and to Stewy and Donna for getting it all organised...!! was awesome to meet some raiders too... top night!

not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but reading all the posts on all the forums, it sounds like some of you raiders really know your stuff....! how about a workshop/seminar organised and run by raiders, to help us new fellas with our fishing... im a bit like Slinky, i have a disease of buying ridiculous amounts of fishing gear/reels/rods etc... i have about $7000 worth of gear, and i dont really know what im doing lol..

we could have beginners workshops with really basic things taught (rigging, different line classes, hook and swivel sizes, soft plastics etc...), and a more advanced class for the big boys (cubing/game fishing etc...)

not sure about how Mr and Mrs Swordfishermen run things, but i personally wouldnt mind paying like an entry fee to attend either...

just a thought... anyway, thanks again for last night... much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Kiro

Top night...!! really enjoyed it...! i went and bought some circle hooks today :1prop: Mutu size 8/0!

Thanks to Phil and Adam for the presentation...! and to Stewy and Donna for getting it all organised...!! was awesome to meet some raiders too... top night!

not sure if this has been mentioned before or not, but reading all the posts on all the forums, it sounds like some of you raiders really know your stuff....! how about a workshop/seminar organised and run by raiders, to help us new fellas with our fishing... im a bit like Slinky, i have a disease of buying ridiculous amounts of fishing gear/reels/rods etc... i have about $7000 worth of gear, and i dont really know what im doing lol..

we could have beginners workshops with really basic things taught (rigging, different line classes, hook and swivel sizes, soft plastics etc...), and a more advanced class for the big boys (cubing/game fishing etc...)

not sure about how Mr and Mrs Swordfishermen run things, but i personally wouldnt mind paying like an entry fee to attend either...

just a thought... anyway, thanks again for last night... much appreciated!!

Cheers,

Kiro

Hi...! disregard my last post lol... i just saw a forum titled "workshops", and everything i suggested has already been mentioned.... my bad..!

Kiro