Cc Conversion

tuffy

post-1961-1216011523_thumb.jpg

post-1961-1216011472_thumb.jpg

post-1961-1216011472_thumb.jpg

post-1961-1216011442_thumb.jpg

post-1961-1216011387_thumb.jpg

Esteemed Fellow Raiders, you may recall me asking about the degree of difficulty regarding tiller / C C conversion a couple of months ago. Well, after much deliberation ( and sourcing out the spare cash required) I bought all the bits and did the job. No more being bashed up by a tiller steer - the new and improved "Tuffy" provides a much more comfortable fishing and boating platform.

Posted are the "before" and "after" pics. I did not realise that there would be so much of an improvement in the ride and handling. And there was I thinking about buying a centre console just because I had the shits with the tiller. I reckon I've saved myself thousands !!

Hope you enjoy the pics.

Cheers

Russ

Oops, forgot the pics.

Small pics are the "before" pics.

Edited by swordfisherman

Very impressive, adds a lot to your boat.

Moving the helm forward has obviously helped the handling by way of balancing the load more evenly.

Congratulations on such a neat installation.

Did the steering controls give you any grief? Do they run under the floor or the gunwhales?

I would be more than satisfied with that effort. :thumbup:

Mariner, I ran the hydraulic steering tubes as well as the control loom and cables under the floor and up through the bottom of the console, so it's nice and neat.

I hate untidy boats - too dangerous. A place for everything and everything in its place is my motto.

it's now a far more comfortable driving possie - I used to have to travel under the Harbour Bridge washing machine at very slow speed , but now I can travel thru there at the 15 knot speed limit with no dramas.

And yes, I think you're right as far as adding value to the boat is concerned.

And thanks guys for all the positive feedback.

Cheers

Russ.

Well Russ

I noticed there was no thanks for the Hired help !ME! ( Not to mention the design idears other people would have happly paid for) and dont think a coulpe of Beers is full payment.

Now all we need to do is learn how to catch bloody fish we dont have to through back LOL

SPARKY

Looks great Tuffy, very neat & everything in place. Glad to see you went hydraulic, you wont look back. I reckon the fact your always standing when travelling in the CC makes the biggest difference in the ride.

Happy fishing (looks like she's ready for SWR this summer :1prop:

Cheers

Marlin